Open Brass Positions in Crossmen

Hello,

I am Kristen "KK" Richard with the Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps.

We recently moved from Philadelphia to San Antonio, and we are now beginning to grow into our new home in Texas.

We are still looking for a few talented brass musicians this year.

- Two trumpet players

- One mellophone player

- One euphonium player

- Several tuba players

If you, or anyone you know might be interested, please get in touch with us.

We have a great new brass program at the Crossmen, and the show this year, Planet X, is designed to help musicians grow, learn, and have a great time, while setting our group up for success.

You are guaranteed a summer of great brass education, playing, teamwork, and performing!

This is the best opportunity to get involved – since camp season is over, you will save lots of $$$.

Please reply ASAP if interested!

Kristen Richard

Crossmen Hornline

kdrichardDXO@gmail.com

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still looking for a few talented brass musicians this year.

- Two trumpet players

- One mellophone player

- One euphonium player

- Several tuba players

Wow. That is a lot of holes..... I think it is going to be hard to find that many replacements this late in the game. I wish them all the best though.....

Wow. That is a lot of holes..... I think it is going to be hard to find that many replacements this late in the game. I wish them all the best though.....

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I just figured (hoped) they would have boat loads of "auditionees" after moving to TX. Things happen and people have to back out I guess. Best of luck to you guys this summer! I've already emailed this link to a couple of band director friends.

In a state the size of Texas there shouldn't be much of a problem finding kids to fill those spots. Sounds like they need to get the word out.

In a state the size of Texas there shouldn't be much of a problem finding kids to fill those spots. Sounds like they need to get the word out.

I think that's the point of this thread.

Anyway, holes in the hornline in May doesn't mean as much as some people think it does. When we moved in for everydays in '98 we only had about 3 or 4 contrabass players (seriously!) and lots of holes elsewhere too. We still made 7th place that year which was quite good for us.

Also, consider this:

A recent photo of the corps from dci.org shows a bit of the hornline. I count 10 tubas. It may be that they have the people they need but have some people who really aren't cutting it and they're hoping maybe they can do better if they keep putting feelers out there.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7...07-467ebdb7661f