Open Brass Positions in Crossmen

The Crossmen have set up a program designed to ease the financial cost to its members. It sounds like a great program.

2204456489_ae81f0674c_m.jpg

Each year, it costs over one million dollars for each Drum Corps in DCI to travel down the road. Our members are required to pay tuition and members fees that cover the costs of instruction, food, housing, transportation, equipment, and uniforms. With all of these factors included, the total cost for each performer is approximately $2,800 for the summer.

Of course, this price tag is not insignificant but the experience afforded to each member is invaluable. Your contribution will ensure that every Crossmen's membership remains viable and that each individual can continue his or her affiliation with our organization.

The CROSSMEN will travel over 15,000 miles this summer entertaining hundreds of thousands of fans throughout the nation, while working to positively impact the lives of its members in a way unlike any other organization.

WHAT YOUR ASSISTANCE PROVIDES:

INSTRUCTION

TRANSPORTATION

UNIFORMS

NUTRITION

EQUIPMENT & OPERATIONAL COSTS

YOUR CONTRIBUTION will directly reduce the financial burden on a member by reducing the costs of the annual tuition for the Crossmen. Member tuition includes all instruction, food, housing, transportation, educational materials, equipment, and operational costs for the 12 weeks of summer.

How Can I Help?

There are two ways to assist members with their required financial obligations: You can make a donation to the Crossmen to keep the membership costs low, or you can contribute directly to the cost of an individual member’s tuition.

Option #1 Donate to the Crossmen Scholarship Assistance Fund:

In partnership with the Crossmen Alumni Association, the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps

provides need and merit based scholarship opportunities for our members. Members will fill out an application detailing their financial needs and our administration, instructional team, and Board of Directors will review these applications.

Your contribution to the Crossmen Scholarship Assistance Fund IS tax-deductible.

Option #2

Donate Directly to a Member’s Tuition:

You can opt to contribute directly towards an individual member’s summer fees, and help the

individual of their choice to realize his or her dream. If you choose to sponsor a member, you may submit a check directly to Crossmen Productions, INC. for the amount you wish to contribute, and indicate in a brief letter who you are donating for. Please indicate in the memo section of the check the name of your member. You can also work out an agreement with the member you wish to sponsor on an individual basis, and work outside the organization.

Contributions directly towards an individual member’s tuition fees are NOT Tax-deductible.

Should you contribute to the Crossmen Member Assistance Program, you will be recognized with a certificate of appreciation, as well as an autographed photo of your Crossmen in uniform.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO DONATE VISIT: http://www.crossmen.org

Note: The Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps is a program offering of Crossmen Productions, INC.,

an IRS recognized 501-c-03 non-profit youth organization.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know of any in Texas where you don't have to pay anything. Especially with gas prices the way they are. We didn't have to pay to get to football games of course, but places like San Antonio, St Louis, and Indy aren't cheap to get to. Then you add up things like entry fees, uniforms, insturment repair, copywright fees, and the drill writters and music arrangers have to get paid too... It was definitely worth it though.

My 4 years of TX High School band (2002-2006) I never payed a dime... wait no... I only payed for my uniform to get dry cleaned at the end of the year. And my high school was a State Finalist in 2001, and then Area 03, 05. We were entertaining as heck and never used props, electronics, etc. And we had screamers!! (2 of whom are now Grammy award winners).

But we didn't have crazy $1000 band fees or whatever.

I know of a few good places that don't cost anything really. It's too much of a Texas stereotype.

Found a few good brass players to take up those spots, but still looking for a couple more, I believe. Email me.

Kdricharddxo@gmail.com

My 4 years of TX High School band (2002-2006) I never payed a dime... wait no... I only payed for my uniform to get dry cleaned at the end of the year. And my high school was a State Finalist in 2001, and then Area 03, 05. We were entertaining as heck and never used props, electronics, etc. And we had screamers!! (2 of whom are now Grammy award winners).

But we didn't have crazy $1000 band fees or whatever.

I know of a few good places that don't cost anything really. It's too much of a Texas stereotype.

School districts usually pay for UIL events. And I'm guessing you're from a 4A or 2A school since 2001 wasn't a state year for 5A so you would also have a lot less people to transport as well as other things.

School districts usually pay for UIL events. And I'm guessing you're from a 4A or 2A school since 2001 wasn't a state year for 5A so you would also have a lot less people to transport as well as other things.

Yeah, I was from a 4A school, but we still had 200-ish members. It wasn't the 360 members of Odessa Permian, but it was still a good number.

And truth be told, we didn't get too much money from the school district. All that money was for the football players steak dinners before and after all their games. lol

We probably saved a lot of money from not having all those props and electronics. Or maybe our band directors were just better at money management. I dunno.

anyway..

CROSSMEN. Move-ins are this FRIDAY! May 23rd. :dancin:

We have, indeed, filled up most of those spots, but if you're still interested, send me an email!!! kdricharddxo@gmail.com

KK

We probably saved a lot of money from not having all those props and electronics. Or maybe our band directors were just better at money management. I dunno.

It's unfortunate more districts and directors do not follow this fiscal responsibility. But that is another thread altogether!

Some of the band directors should realize that having band members returning from a corps is like having kids returning from leadership school

Some of the band directors should realize that having band members returning from a corps is like having kids returning from leadership school

With the band I arrange for and teach, we do require the DM's to attend DM/Leadership camp, and any others who want to attend are supported in doing so. However, this is all timed to be done prior to band camp.