How Much Did You Spend?

rookie year: $300

age out year (4 years later): $20

each year i hacked numerous things off my list that were just dead weight.

looking back on my rookie year, i cant help but laugh at the unbelievable amount of stuff i had!

if you are new to corp and are about to go tour shopping, here are a few tips (im sure everyone has some)

- if you think you might need something, or it might come in handy sometime, you probably do not need it

- basketball shorts are the lightest, and 'easiest to pack' clothing item.

-if you need to buy luggage, an air mattress, or sleeping bag, i suggest getting something of quality that will last you through your drumcorp career. its better to just buy something once that is a little more expensive, then buying multiple cheap products year after year.

-most people on tour do not care if you are wearing pre-worn clothes during rehearsal. everyone likes to have a fresh shirt or something each day, but i have never heard of anyone caring. besides, 99% of people dont wear shirts, and rotate the same 3 or 4 shorts anyways..

anyways, those are just a few money saving suggestions

im sure that list could go on and on....

Sound advice.

Honestly you could probably get by with 1 pair of shorts and 3-4 shirts and nobody would know the difference.

I know a guy that packed for tour in a small carry on bag. He was pretty hardcore though.

For me personally the most important thing was SOCKS. After the first time you wear them socks never feel the same, and the feeling of a brand new pair of socks is indescribable on tour because you will be much more in tune with how your feet feel.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought random stuff over the year, such as shoes, shirts/shorts, etc. Now tour' actually close i'm only getting hygiene goods and that's it. So prob 20-30 bucks, but all year prob spent 200 but 140 were on Asics and rest on shorts, since my shoes were destroyed on tour last year. But yeah, I agree what everyone else is saying, you'll be throwing away a ton of stuff or having a ton of stuff getting in the way, so yeah, what you think you may need, you prob won't :tongue:

In my first and second years, I brought way to much crap both times. The only thing that I am gonna bring a lot of this summer is underwear and socks. everything else can be febreezed.

When it comes to packing less is more