Who are the Start Ups Out There?

Who are the Start UP Corps out there who hope to at least get to some DCA shows that are close to them.

You know, the Corps not on the DCA list yet.

I know some are below the radar.

Guess your right Dave.

The 31st should be a fun and productive time. :dozingoff:

Jeff

I guess it depends by what you mean by start up corps. There's some that exists for a decade or more before ever making the journey to DCA. I don't know the status of most of these, but it'd be nice to see if they're still active.

Scream Machine

Masquerade

North Coast Rock

Derby City Knights

Cincinnati Tradition

Austin Stars

Sun Devils

And I'm probably missing some. But these seemed to have expressed an interest in competing at DCA.

I guess it depends by what you mean by start up corps. There's some that exists for a decade or more before ever making the journey to DCA. I don't know the status of most of these, but it'd be nice to see if they're still active.

SNIP

Cincinnati Tradition

SNIP again

And I'm probably missing some. But these seemed to have expressed an interest in competing at DCA.

Since you were kind enough to ask :dozingoff: ...

Cincinnati Tradition is one of those corps "that exists for a decade or more before ever making the journey to DCA." Founded in 1984, CT is poised to go to DCA Nats for the first time this year.

After taking Mother's Day off we have a six-hour rehearsal tomorrow. It will be our fourth field rehearsal of the season after spending five and one-half months indoors, and will be our longest single rehearsal to-date. In the first three field rehearsals we learned the drill for our opener Bully and our middle piece Sunrise Lady. Tomorrow we put Malaguena on the field.

It's been an interesting year. The low point might have been an early rehearsal at which we had the grand total of six horns. We kept rehearsing and we kept recruiting. We now have something like twenty-three horns along with eight or nine battery, six pit and ten or maybe twelve guard.

The high point so far might have been our preview show. Actually performing for people, what a rush! Or it might have been that first field rehearsal, when it rained all day and everyone kept their focus. Soaked to the skin and loving every minute of it. Or it might have been our first performance of the year, a Veterans parade on a cold rainy Sunday. We spent the bus ride with us geezers talking about the mis-spent days of our youth and encouraging the young-uns to make some memories of their own.

After tomorrow we have five weeks until the public debut of our field show. That will be at the first of five exhibitions at area DCI shows. At one of those exhibitions we will see Pioneer (Hi, Donny!) and at one of them we will see Music City Legend (Hi MCL!) so maybe some of those folks will be kind enough to provide reviews of our performances,

All indications are that we will conclude the season in Rochester, appearing in Class A. I am hopeful that next year we may add a weekend trip to Milwaukee/Racine or Douglasville/Alpharetta. Or both!

We've received lots of good vibes this year from people on this forum. I particularly want to thank Cozy, Hairbear, Chris Green and Tom Peashey for making this broken-down old contra hack feel welcome.

I hope this said something about what we've been up to this year. These are just my impressions, I'm not a staff member or anything. See everyone at Rochester, if not before,

Robert

Cincinnati Tradition is one of those corps "that exists for a decade or more before ever making the journey to DCA." Founded in 1984, CT is poised to go to DCA Nats for the first time this year.

After taking Mother's Day off we have a six-hour rehearsal tomorrow. It will be our fourth field rehearsal of the season after spending five and one-half months indoors, and will be our longest single rehearsal to-date. In the first three field rehearsals we learned the drill for our opener Bully and our middle piece Sunrise Lady. Tomorrow we put Malaguena on the field.

It's been an interesting year. The low point might have been an early rehearsal at which we had the grand total of six horns. We kept rehearsing and we kept recruiting. We now have something like twenty-three horns along with eight or nine battery, six pit and ten or maybe twelve guard.

The high point so far might have been our preview show. Actually performing for people, what a rush! Or it might have been that first field rehearsal, when it rained all day and everyone kept their focus. Soaked to the skin and loving every minute of it. Or it might have been our first performance of the year, a Veterans parade on a cold rainy Sunday. We spent the bus ride with us geezers talking about the mis-spent days of our youth and encouraging the young-uns to make some memories of their own.

After tomorrow we have five weeks until the public debut of our field show. That will be at the first of five exhibitions at area DCI shows. At one of those exhibitions we will see Pioneer (Hi, Donny!) and at one of them we will see Music City Legend (Hi MCL!) so maybe some of those folks will be kind enough to provide reviews of our performances,

All indications are that we will conclude the season in Rochester, appearing in Class A. I am hopeful that next year we may add a weekend trip to Milwaukee/Racine or Douglasville/Alpharetta. Or both!

We've received lots of good vibes this year from people on this forum. I particularly want to thank Cozy, Hairbear, Chris Green and Tom Peashey for making this broken-down old contra hack feel welcome.

I hope this said something about what we've been up to this year. These are just my impressions, I'm not a staff member or anything. See everyone at Rochester, if not before,

Robert

Some of my best friends are "broken-down old Contra hacks.....myself included !!

Keep the faith brother....age and experience will win out eventually.

Robert

thanks for the kind words,and the up-date on C.T.progress.......you have one of our students from u.c. band in your drumline.(bass drummer)...perhaps you can recruit more,from u.c................and possibly from n.k.u............

Who are the Start UP Corps out there who hope to at least get to some DCA shows that are close to them.

You know, the Corps not on the DCA list yet.

I know some are below the radar.

Perhaps the following will help you. It is from another thread on DCP.

Post #77

Group: Member

Here's what I know or "think" will be the case at DCA Championships:

Buccaneers - Reading PA

Caballeros - Hawthorne NJ

Empire Statesmen - Rochester NY

Bushwackers - Harrison NJ

Brigadiers - Syracuse NY

Minnesota Brass Inc. - St. Paul MN

Hurricanes - Seymore CT

Renegades - San Francisco CA

CorpsVets - Atlanta GA

Crusaders - Rochester NY

Music City Legend - Nashville TN

Govenaires - St. Peter MN (Class A)

SoCal Dream - Irvine CA (Class A)

Kilties - Racine WI

Fusion Core - Morris County NJ (Class A)

Alliance - Atlanta GA (Class A)

Chops, Inc. - Minneapolis MN (Class A)

Frontier - Dallas TX (Class A)

Gulf Coast Sound - Houston TX (Class A)

White Sabers - Dansville NY (Class A)

Lakeshoremen - Troy MI (Class A)

Sun Devils - Kissimmee FL (Class A)

Carolina Gold - Rocky Mount NC (Class A)

Excelsior - Albany NY (Class A)

Grenadiers - Kingston ONT (Class A)

Shenandoah Sound - Sterling VA (Class A)

Possible additions:

Derby City Knights

Cincinatti Tradition

Active but NOT coming to Rochester:

Austin Star

Prairie Sound

High Country Brass

Masquerade

Prelims will be at least 26 corps and possibly 28 (12 open and either 14, 15 or 16 Class A)

Between necessary "Evaluations" and the logistics of the championship (hotels, practice fields etc.) time is rapidly coming to a close for anyone to be added to the list. Cinci has promised a commitment one way or another in the next few days and Derby City has declared Class A which they wouldn't do if there wasn't a good possibility of coming to Rochester.

--------------------

Tom Peashey, DCA PR Director 2008

opener Bully and our middle piece Sunrise Lady. Tomorrow we put Malaguena on the field.

...We now have something like twenty-three horns along with eight or nine battery, six pit and ten or maybe twelve guard.

...At one of those exhibitions we will see Pioneer (Hi, Donny!) and at one of them we will see Music City Legend (Hi MCL!) so maybe some of those folks will be kind enough to provide reviews of our performances,

All indications are that we will conclude the season in Rochester, appearing in Class A.

...We've received lots of good vibes this year from people on this forum. I particularly want to thank Cozy, Hairbear, Chris Green and Tom Peashey for making this broken-down old contra hack feel welcome.

Robert

As a Cincy Tradition vet, I just can't say how proud I am of seeing how Tradition has grown, thanks to Tom Slade, Rick and Kathi Heinlein et al.

You are thanking some good peeps: Donny, "Bully" arranger, Music City Legend, fantastic folks, Hairbear, CT vet, Chris Green, Peashey....

The YouTube performance of "Bully" brings back such emotion-charged memories, www.cincinnatitradition.org . Love it!

So, it looks like the "Start ups" are all out West or Central to all you folks on the coasts.

Austin Stars

Masquerade

High Country

Prairie Sound

Presidents

I would county Derby City Knights and Cincinatti Tradition but it sounds like they are graduating by getting to go to the "Big Dance" this year. :dancin:

Edited by Kansan