Rain

So, I'm just wondering what most marchers did in the event that it rained?

Well I tried to make a poll, oh well, Im dumb :thumbup:

A raincoat/poncho?

Normal tour clothes?

Shirtless?

Other.

Edited by juice

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm just wondering what most marchers did in the event that it rained?

Well I tried to make a poll, oh well, Im dumb :thumbup:

A raincoat/poncho?

Normal tour clothes?

Shirtless?

Other.

Really depends entirely on the temperature. In a warm rain, shirtless can be fine. You may want to keep an extra garbage bag or two in your rehearsal stuff though. Also, take the extra 5 seconds and grab your jacket on days that look like they might get nasty. Half the time, you wont wind up needed it, but it sucks to be half naked in a cold rain...

- true story. kansas, 2006 - your typical 95-100 degree day. We saw the storm coming. We felt the wind coming. In less than 10 seconds, it went from 95, to about 55. It was cold, in kansas, in july at 4pm. I thought i was about to die in the heart of a tornado or something...

Turns out, the storm missed us anyway, but we ended rehearsal early, and i got some KFC (yes, i remember crap like that)

There was the time in Denver in '73 when Santa Clara marched in uniform pants and garbage bags.....

If there was no lightning...we kept on going in little more than our shorts and tennis shoes. If it was cold enough, then some might bust out their ponchos.

Nothing compares to the smell of 135 pairs of wet tennis shoes (thank you for not having finals in Orlando again).

it depends. If I'm not prepared for it then I usually go shirtless. The wet shirt usually just makes it worse. But usually I'll have a rain jacket just in case. I LOVE rain rehearsals. As long as the field isn't impossible to march on

Thanks for the replies and for future replies. Im just trying to figure out if I want to waste room in my bags this summer... I know its not really a waste but I dont know if I'll wear one.

Shirtless.

Most of the time it was humid as can be, anyway.