Judges Tapes

The year, 1981, in a show in the beginning of the year and in a corps wiuth three kids who had never been in music before.... the drum judge is heard on the tape saying, cymbals don't tic, but you guys just did, you can hear three seperate crashes coming down at different times of one count. ( not then way it was written)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the judges tapes to Yamato's 2004 finals performance at my dad's house somewhere. A great part is when one of the judges get tangled in the color guard's long cloth wall. The tape of the judge who got tangled throws out a little "####" while a tape of another judge looking on is giggling.

I also have tapes from my time in the California Knights that I found in my high school's band library.

Good stuff!

I have Cadets 1988 finals night, when they got a 14.9 (out of 15), and still lost drums, even though they outplayed the Vanguard. A travesty. Brilliant drumming, and perfect except for a 5 stroke roll near the end. And ON MYLAR!! YEAH, BABY!

1979 Troopers premlims. Where the corps jumped from like 16th to 9th.

Mike Gough

I have the judges tapes to Yamato's 2004 finals performance at my dad's house somewhere. A great part is when one of the judges get tangled in the color guard's long cloth wall. The tape of the judge who got tangled throws out a little "####" while a tape of another judge looking on is giggling.

I also have tapes from my time in the California Knights that I found in my high school's band library.

Good stuff!

Those are the best. Anytime a judge gets caught in a formation that they can't get out of they always freak out. :dozingoff:

I have Cadets 1988 finals night, when they got a 14.9 (out of 15), and still lost drums, even though they outplayed the Vanguard. A travesty. Brilliant drumming, and perfect except for a 5 stroke roll near the end. And ON MYLAR!! YEAH, BABY!

and brilliant writing by Tom Hannum. The 88 Cadets drumline were superb.

Cadetsnare i have a copy of an early season Mike D'angelo judges tape for the Cadets 1990 drumline. It is the one where he is chasing you around and he mentions that he had " TOO MUCH PASTA BEFORE THE SHOW " .

Paul Rennick's website has a few from 06.

Perc 2 Semi-Finals ... Starts off his concluding remarks with ...

" I don't know what else to say, other than thus far your the standard, the standard to beat. Wow, that was, that was a work of art, absolute work of art, thank you. Enjoy being part of it."

Oh yeah, here at my house, I have judges tapes from the 2006 DCJapan Championships. All the judges are from DCI, so it's kind of funny listening to them introducing themselves as they try to do it in Japanese. Some throw in a Japanese word or two during the show too.