Vehicles, gas prices, etc...

I need some info and most of you can help out with details. Yeah, yeah--call the corps. This is faster, believe it or not. So here's what I need. I need to know a SPECIFIC count and exhaustive list of all vehicles traveling with each drum corps in DCI. WC and OC corps only, please. Buses, food and equipment trucks, support vehicles, souvie trailer, advance vehicles, etc. If it goes on tour, please list it. For ease, let's assume all of last year's corps are on tour again, so list corps from last year and the vehicles they travelled with. And, yes, I can call the corps and get specifics--IF they'll pick up/return the call. And I appreciate irrelevant comments usually, but please--only chip in here if you KNOW information. March Crown last year? Great--tell me about Crown...not SCV, for example.

Volunteers and other support staff are especially appreciated here due to the fact that some of you had to actually drive all of your vehicles at some point or the other!

Not going into what I'm working on yet, but I'm thinking regarding the present and anticipated future petroleum situation. I appreciate all input.

Example (not accurate numbers--just an example of what I'm looking for):

Boston Crusaders

4 Touring Coaches/Buses

2 18-wheelers (equipment/food)

Souvie van/trailer

Small bus for support staff/volunteers

Advance vehicle--Camry

well, since what you're working on is top secret, can you at least tell us what the "anticipated future petroleum situation" is? because gas prices tend to be cyclical, and historically they rollercoaster back down as quickly as they go up. the long term trend is for prices to rise (like anything else), but usually spikes in either direction counter back and when you average them you end up in a fairly even curve. remember, we had actual oil shortages and rationing in the 70's, in addition to higher gas prices. this coincided with a sudden interest in low mileage strategies, people tried everything from smaller compact cars with 4 cylinder engines to alternative fuels like biodiesel and ethanol to plain kooky ideas like magic carburetors that could get 400 mpg. sound familiar? then in the early 80's oil collapsed, everyone had cheap gas, and there were mass layoffs in oil producing areas like texas and louisiana.

Not historically current. But... back when I marched...

2 semi's (equipment / food)

1 smaller truck (beddings, scaffolding, food stuffs)

4 busses (3 member, 1 staff)

1 mobile home/RV (caption heads)

1 van (errand truck, mostly grocery shopping for the food, and other corps uses)

(might have been 2 vans, depending on the year)

The price of gas wasn't as major of a concern back then. Historically we spent more on vehicle repairs per season than we did on gas. Not that it didn't add up over the course of a season. Circa 1988-1993. With variations given that the food truck was a bus my rookie year. And other differences between seasons. The mobile home also subbed as the short ride staff bus for shows. Since some of the transportation staff and cooking staff didn't always make the shows.

The core for most WC corps is 2 semis, 4 buses, an RV, a passenger van, and a box truck. There might also be another small vehicle or two.

Crown had

-4 Tour Buses

-2 Semis

-1 RV

-1 Shuttle Bus

-1 Souvie wagon, it was hauled by the shuttle bus

-1 Van

-1 Trailer for the gator that doubled for pit equipment, it was hauled by the Van.

Back when Magic was around they had

-4 tour buses(when one or two of them weren't in the shop for weeks at a time)

-2 Semis(however when the EQ truck driver was drunk we lost access to it for a day because the main door was taken off and needed to be replaced. The EQ truck also doubled for extra bags when one or two of the buses had broken down)

-1 Box Truck(However by finals the box truck had been totaled. The Box Truck hauled the souvie wagon, which means that we didn't have souvies for a while on tour)

-1 Souvie wagon(see above)

-1 Van(Nothing bad happened to the van)

there is a reason our nickname was Tragic

Edited by madd227

Smallest corps I ever drove for ran 2 buses, 2 Ryder trucks (equipment and food), 1 RV and 1 van hauling a souvie trailer.

Largest corps had 4 buses, 2 semis, 1 RV, 2 vans, 1 Ryder truck hauling souvie trailer......numbers accurate as of 2005.

Hey guys ...

If I ever get my corps started, "Sophisticated Nuance Brass & Percussion Theatre Performance Ensemble Troupe," here's what I'll be traveling with ...

4 tour buses (3 passenger, one English double decker-style retrofitted on the top level for outdoor traveling performances).

2 semis (one equipment/gourmet food vehicle and one semi that transforms into a portable performance stage)

3 RVs (one for corps management, one for volunteer management/Marketing/PR, and one for hair and makeup)

1 mini van (to run errands, pending souvenir sales in the corps' first year of competition, we may upgrade that soon enough to a Hummer or Land Rover)

1 box truck retrofitted for souvenir sales (my dream is to try to acquire a retired Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile to shlock our souvenirs out of!)

This summer if I can tear myself away from watching corps performances long enough, I'm hoping get a start on my 5-year implementation plan, though I hope to be able to pull it off in 3 once I get going!!!!

my first summer we toured with 2 buses (select few members traveled on the staff bus) and a box truck.

guess we didn't spend much money on fuel that summer...

Hey guys ...

If I ever get my corps started, "Sophisticated Nuance Brass & Percussion Theatre Performance Ensemble Troupe," here's what I'll be traveling with ...

4 tour buses (3 passenger, one English double decker-style retrofitted on the top level for outdoor traveling performances).

2 semis (one equipment/gourmet food vehicle and one semi that transforms into a portable performance stage)

3 RVs (one for corps management, one for volunteer management/Marketing/PR, and one for hair and makeup)

1 mini van (to run errands, pending souvenir sales in the corps' first year of competition, we may upgrade that soon enough to a Hummer or Land Rover)

1 box truck retrofitted for souvenir sales (my dream is to try to acquire a retired Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile to shlock our souvenirs out of!)

This summer if I can tear myself away from watching corps performances long enough, I'm hoping get a start on my 5-year implementation plan, though I hope to be able to pull it off in 3 once I get going!!!!

You may want to think about the English tour bus, mainly because the first interstate bridge might modify the overall height. But then again if it were to be an open air performance platform it would be just fine.