May Showers - Fusion Update

Logo_op_800x266.jpg

The Fusion Drum and Bugle "Core" experienced summer and spring all in the same weekend, as did most corps across the Northeast. Saturday was a beautiful day, for the most part. The corps was able to learn all 18 pages of drill for the ballad...bringing our total finished show to 7.5 minutes of drill and music on the field. The corps is a full weekend ahead of schedule, and we continue to plug away at a challenging but fun show.

The corps welcomed some new members this weekend, but a few spots remain due to the usual ebb and flow of spring drum corps...injuries, parents, etc. We're looking for a baritone, a guard member or two, a tenor drummer, and a mallet player. We're looking to max out the Class A number of 65 total members with 30 brass, 14 guard, 12 battery, and 9 pit. We're VERY close. If you're home from college or decided to not go on tour this summer...or even if you're new to the activity altogether or a long time drum corps veteran....there's something for everyone at Fusion. This is a hard working corps and a family/fun oriented corps all at the same time. Come be a part of something special at FUSION!

EVERYONE ON THE PLANET is invited to our spectacular "Wal-Mart" rehearsal facility on Sunday evening, May 25th for our first annual Memorial Day BBQ and Concert. Come celebrate the traditional start of the drum corps season with good food (we'll be grilling!), good people (like ME!), and good drum corps. The corps will perform a standstill concert of excerpts from our 2008 production "MOMENTUM". Directions are available on our website at http://fusioncorenj.homestead.com/Directions5.html. We hope to see you there.

Edited by DMCK

Chris,

Can't wait to see the show.

Congrats!

Dan

CAN'T THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO SPEND MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!!!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING SOME OLD FRIENDS THIS WEEKEND!!! IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Hey Holly....

Should I come watch? :)

ya know you already had another invite!!

i know ~ it's closer and you have to pack. . ..

We would love to be there :thumbdown: !

Unfortunately, we have a "Salute to Veterans" Concert at Darien Lake on Sunday and Parade on Monday morning!

Nice weather up here, Holly........hope it is down there too! :whip:

Just one thing.......hopefully your Bar-B-Que skills come in handy again for DCA weekend's "Steakout with the Cru"! :whip:

It was a blast last year!! :whip:

I hope you had a great day.

I am sorry I couldn't come down.

We were all thinking of you guys today. CB and 20th Century were parading in Woodbury today. L O N G parade!!! :whip: Had fun... Soaking feet --- Sky Alumni in Hawthorne tomorrow! :whip:

Dan

Edited by skybusmgr

Mike, it was REALLY great to see you yesterday. Too bad you had to leave before the festivities, but it was still nice to see you and don't forget to get me your address. I LOVE IT down south and I'll definately visit.

We hope to hang with Cru BEFORE Labor Day weekend. It was great, one our guys was sporting his Cru baseball cap during our concert last night!!!! :angry:

Dano, we missed you :beer: !!!!

Well, I just got home after being gone since Thursday, and I'm wiped, but in brief, the weekend was GREAT. I'd like to thank once again everyone who showed up for your support at our First Annual Fusion and Friends picnic.......what a turnout!!! I'd also like to thank Maurice, Evelyne, Jackie and everyone else who helped put it all together........YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm so tired so I'm going to sign off and let our Coordinator/arranger/gum chewer :cool: /publicist extrodinaire tell you more because I'M GOING TO BED :thumbdown: !!!!

Just really quick, APRIL..............YOU ROCK :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!!! April did a bass drum solo WHILE DANCING during Phuz at the parade..............IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great weekend! :thumbdown:

More to come, but these members mean business. I'm proud to be associated with them.