Very sad news

I was there on the field that night and had the honor and priviledge of meeting the two of them and Jack's mother. As one of them and so close to BD I can attest that the Honor was returned just from their presence in their Dress Blues to the Blue Devils, the meeting of the Blue!. The fact that they both extended the same honor to the Champions that night and from what I witnessed on that field after all the ceremonies were over and personally experienced by my own Son as well as everyone in BD that night when they met Jack and his buddy, I can say I wept so much, upon hearing of Jack's death.

We wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor well and raise it so high for the many who seem to live such short lives. For those of us and our offspring who are still here we should honor and remind ourselves it is only by God's Grace. We wish Jack and his family our best and we feel so deeply this loss. They all share the same comittment to Excellance, Honor and Integrity.

Jack, I thank you for your handshake that night in Pasadena and the Sempre Fi extended! Your presence in those Blues were with Excellance, Honor and Integrity and makes us all so proud I had so many things that night to be proud of but this honor of your handshake and the sharing of Sempre Fi went unmatched.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is of course very little that can be reported on this that is positive, but there is one thing. Bugles Across America has been in touch with Jack's mother and has made arrangements to provide a live bugler for the burial in St. Louis.

Anyone wishing to learn more about Bugles Across America, contribute financially to help this fine not-for-profit organization continue its work or to sign up to be a volunteer bugler can find contact information and read about the organization at here. Links and contact info are provided inside the article.

What happened:

"California Highway Patrol officers responded at 11:47 a.m. to the eastbound 10 at the Mountain Avenue crossing for calls of a motorcycle that collided with several vehicles.

Witnesses said the 22-year-old man attempted to pass between two cars. He lost control of his motorcycle after he struck one of the vehicles."

From http://www.dailybulletin.com/search/ci_929...ilybulletin.com

There is of course very little that can be reported on this that is positive, but there is one thing. Bugles Across America has been in touch with Jack's mother and has made arrangements to provide a live bugler for the burial in St. Louis.

Anyone wishing to learn more about Bugles Across America, contribute financially to help this fine not-for-profit organization continue its work or to sign up to be a volunteer bugler can find contact information and read about the organization at here. Links and contact info are provided inside the article.

It's great that Bugles across America is providing this service but since this young man was an active duty Marine he should already have a full honor guard provided by the US Navy or Marine Corps - complete with a bugler.

It is sad to look at the differences that occur in the span of 9 months... I met this man on a night of such celebration, and to hear of this tragedy makes my stomach turn a bit sour...

It's great that Bugles across America is providing this service but since this young man was an active duty Marine he should already have a full honor guard provided by the US Navy or Marine Corps - complete with a bugler.

Yes, complete with a bugler, as per an act of Congress. But in a vast majority of all military funerals, the "bugler" presses a button and "Taps" comes out of the bell of the "bugle," which is only a bugle as far as looking like a bugle. That's why Bugles Across America was founded.

He would have a bugler playing "Taps" either way, but this way, it's guaranteed to be a live person, as it should be.

It's really too bad that this happened, especially after coming home from Iraq. My condolences go out to the family and friends.

Yes, complete with a bugler, as per an act of Congress. But in a vast majority of all military funerals, the "bugler" presses a button and "Taps" comes out of the bell of the "bugle," which is only a bugle as far as looking like a bugle. That's why Bugles Across America was founded.

He would have a bugler playing "Taps" either way, but this way, it's guaranteed to be a live person, as it should be.

As I stated in my pm I meant no disrespect. It's just that when I was on active duty - and part of the USAF honor guard we ALWAYS had a realy bugler. (OK sometimes it was a trumpet - depending on what base but it was always real).

I'm glad they are performing this service.

As I stated in my pm I meant no disrespect. It's just that when I was on active duty - and part of the USAF honor guard we ALWAYS had a realy bugler. (OK sometimes it was a trumpet - depending on what base but it was always real).

I'm glad they are performing this service.

Here is one of several available links about digital bugles. From four years ago, it states the military bought about 4,000 of the contraptions.

And no disrespect was taken. Since Congress passed the law that all past and present service people would get a performance of "Taps" if desired by their families, the demand has outstripped the supply of live buglers.

Edited by Michael Boo

OH MY GOD...This guy returns safely back from the warzone only to die in a motorcycle accident. That's ironically sad. Deepest condolences.

Not to downplay the situation or say it isn't sad, but from all the horror stories I've heard from both my parents during their ER rounds during medical school I can't say I'm surprised that anyone gets hurt or dies when using a motorcycle. Probably the most dangerous form of transportation on Earth. Quite frankly, I hate them.

But it's a tough pill to swallow none the less. My deep condolences to his friends and family. But now he can get a Blue Devils encore every day for the rest of eternity. God speed.