Cabs Alumni at Totowa Parade

I got my first "fix" of the summer yesterday at the Totowa, NJ Memorial Day parade. The weather was HOT....and so was the Cabs Alumni Corps!

Crowd reaction along the parade route provided some interesting comments that I heard while trying to keep up. Some samples from the side of the street:

"Hey........is that the Caballeros down there?"

same person: "Hey....... how did we get the Cabelleros this year?"

"Wow.........they're the best!"

To his daughter sitting on the curb: "Honey, wait

til you hear this!"

Near the reviewing stand: "They are always the same.....same look.....same sound...... why change when you've got it right?"

The crowd at the reviewing stand was so appreciative that they demanded an encore..........and Tyrone accommodated them.

If a comet falls on my house today and takes me out............I'd still consider the summer a good one after walking alongside the corps I've admired since 1956. (OK, so maybe I'm exaggerating ....... a little)

when you get to the photos.....click on each photo to enlarge it.....then above the enlarged photo click "+ all sizes" to see the photos full screen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27013032@N04/

(photos are NOT protected.......go ahead and download)

Joe Dziezawiec

Fairlawn Police Cadets 1963

Doremus Sr 1965 & 66

Edited by JoeDz

Maybe I missed a meeting....

What happened to Jimmy Russo?

Great shots, Joe.... especially the ones with the "POWER" sign!!!

Fran

Great shots, Joe.... especially the ones with the "POWER" sign!!!

Fran

Fran,

That gas station was my regular station for many years when it was a Mobile station and then Lukoil for a short time. I stopped when they went independent. I didn't know the station name until I opened my photos and W O W...... "P O W E R"....right over the Cabs. I couldn't have shot from a better position in the road............dumb luck !

Joe

" Maybe I missed a meeting . . . . What happened to Jimmy Russo?"

Due to ongoing health conditions, Jimmy can't march long distances and is seldom able to do parades with us. (If you've seen him at one of our outdoor exhibition shows, you may have noticed the difficulty he sometimes has getting on and off the drum major's podium.)

Be assured, Jimmy is still with us, and in fact was in Hawthorne today to conduct us at the reviewing at the end of today's parade.

Hey Joe! Great shots! Thanks for posting them and the comments here from the crowd. Thanks especially for the drumline photos! Stop by and say hello next Sunday at our practice field in Totowa, by Route 80 at Minisink Road. Bring your camera!

Ok that makes sense. Feel Better Jimmy! :)

I did see snippets of the Corps on Channel 9 news last night...waaay cool.