Scouts rehearsal 5/31

I went up to Baraboo again yesterday. Got there about 2pm. Watched the last hour of drum line sectionals. One new snare yesterday. He may play snare, tenors, or ??? Up in the air, I guess. One other snare was out with an infected finger. He'll be back soon. The other 2 tenors got there yesterday. Still guessing the line will be 9/5/5/5.

Note on pictures - snare on right is new guy.

Then we watched ensemble music from 3-5. All time was spent on the 2nd tune. The solo that was rough last week was almost perfect every time he played it.

The amount of improvement in playing in one week was amazing. Dynamics, phrasing, tone quality, etc........ were all noticeably better.

There is also a trumpet/mello/bari trio, and a 3 baritone/2 mello section in the 2nd tune.

They've got the opener on the field with music, but I didn't see it.

After supper was field cordination on the second tune. I couldn't see from an elevated level, so I couldn't really see what was going on. The drill writer, and show designer were both there, so changes were being made to music, and drill on the fly, and the guys were picking it up quickly.

Thanks to Deb for feeding me supper, again.

I talked to many guys, and all were tired, but having a blast.

100_4309.jpg

100_4312.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guard numbers still at 27?

TB - I didn't see the guard all day. They were off at a distant field. I didn't ask anyone either. Sorry.

Were all 5 Bd's there??

Do you remember how many in the pit?

Nice pictures :tongue:

Andy, do you happen to remember what the snares were playing when you took that picture??

Besides the new guy on the right end, the stick heights with the rest of them look pretty shady.

Wow, Scouts are looking great this year. I wish they were coming to the Orlando show cause I won't get to see them.

Andy, do you happen to remember what the snares were playing when you took that picture??

Besides the new guy on the right end, the stick heights with the rest of them look pretty shady.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that picture.