The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are an alumni or fan please consider supporting the corps financially through the $100,000 "JOIN THE CORPS" Campaign. Entry level support starts at $70 alumni / $100 booster. More details can be found here:

www.MadisonScouts.org/corps

GO SCOUTS!

I have joined twice and received two pins! Is that legal?

Vic Russell

If you are an alumni or fan please consider supporting the corps financially through the $100,000 "JOIN THE CORPS" Campaign. Entry level support starts at $70 alumni / $100 booster. More details can be found here:

GO SCOUTS!

Thanks Paul...I received the email on the run and it slipped my mind. Done. :tongue:

Edited by Elliott

I have joined twice and received two pins! Is that legal?

Vic Russell

I think the Scouts have two email addresses for me. I joined when it began but I got a reqest to join at the other address today. I didn't think about the two pins thing, :tongue: I just might have to...

I think the Scouts have two email addresses for me. I joined when it began but I got a reqest to join at the other address today. I didn't think about the two pins thing, :hehe: I just might have to...

Or, instead of joining a 2nd time at the same level maybe you could bump up the level of your current membership to receive those benefits. Just a thought... :tongue:

Well, crud. I've donated twice, but separately. The total amount would exceed the basic giving level, but separately they don't. Oh, well. I'm just glad to have done my little part to support the corps. Plus I plan to raid the souvvie booth when I see them in Buffalo! :tongue:

Yeah...I took a penny for each of the bad words I ever said about a Madison alum and I added it all together. Total was $100 and now Madison has those pennies. They were wieghing down my jeans anyway.

So...if the snarkiest guy on the thread can part with $100, I would think someone...who marched in this organization, who benefitted from the outstanding commraderie, the fun, the excitement and the feeling of what it means to be a Scout....well I just think they could easily put together 70% of what I just dropped in the bucket and at least pay their dues....INCLUDING that son of mine out their lurking.

It's funny when he calls me and comments how I get everyone all excited and whatnot.

So here's the deal. I kind of look at this like voting...if you don't vote, you can't (well, we all know the expression.)

If you are not even ponying up with at least your alumni dues, I don't want to hear JACK from you about my complaints, my comments, my anything. Words without action mean zilch and I just put action behind the words.

Hey, even you guys who have me on ignore....PONY UP! I don't know about Madison's stats with their alumni giving. Perhaps Mr. Spanos or one of those office guys can enlighten us. Here's what I do know....other corps I have been associated with have had real loud mouthed alums who wanted to blather on and on about the current conditions of the corps and regail everybody with the tales of "back when...you know, when I marched." But, when the plate was passed to help out the current corps, most could not be found near their checkbook. "You know, I'd love to give, but my wife, she took my checkbook." Catch me later.

I'm positive Madison with all you positive supporters out there is NOTHING like that. I'm sure you all put your money where your teeth sit.

So...if snarky old me can put together $100 for the corps....I'm sure you can too. Hey, here's thought....if Madison raises $150K by the end of the season through this campaign...I'll never ever say anything ever that could be construed as negative toward any segment of the organization. $150K for Madison and me shutting my fat mouth....it's like double bonus time on DCP.

<horns down>

GO SCOUTS!!!!

Edited by Tom Brace

I'm in.

Go Scouts!!!!!!!!

GO SCOUTS!

Yeah...I took a penny for each of the bad words I ever said about a Madison alum and I added it all together. Total was $100 and now Madison has those pennies. They were wieghing down my jeans anyway.

So...if the snarkiest guy on the thread can part with $100, I would think someone...who marched in this organization, who benefitted from the outstanding commraderie, the fun, the excitement and the feeling of what it means to be a Scout....well I just think they could easily put together 70% of what I just dropped in the bucket and at least pay their dues....INCLUDING that son of mine out their lurking.

It's funny when he calls me and comments how I get everyone all excited and whatnot.

So here's the deal. I kind of look at this like voting...if you don't vote, you can't (well, we all know the expression.)

If you are not even ponying up with at least your alumni dues, I don't want to hear JACK from you about my complaints, my comments, my anything. Words without action mean zilch and I just put action behind the words.

Hey, even you guys who have me on ignore....PONY UP! I don't know about Madison's stats with their alumni giving. Perhaps Mr. Spanos or one of those office guys can enlighten us. Here's what I do know....other corps I have been associated with have had real loud mouthed alums who wanted to blather on and on about the current conditions of the corps and regail everybody with the tales of "back when...you know, when I marched." But, when the plate was passed to help out the current corps, most could not be found near their checkbook. "You know, I'd love to give, but my wife, she took my checkbook." Catch me later.

I'm positive Madison with all you positive supporters out there is NOTHING like that. I'm sure you all put your money where your teeth sit.

So...if snarky old me can put together $100 for the corps....I'm sure you can too. Hey, here's thought....if Madison raises $150K by the end of the season through this campaign...I'll never ever say anything ever that could be construed as negative toward any segment of the organization. $150K for Madison and me shutting my fat mouth....it's like double bonus time on DCP.

<horns down>

GO SCOUTS!!!!

Hey - I was never a Scout and they have my $100.00 so I get to ##### whenever I want! :tongue: