The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach du meine Güte!

Go Scouts!!!

I'm not sure how to start a new topic. So I'll just add on to my Brotha Ken's Post.

Well, we just got back from Madisonville, TN from a Scout rehearsal. We also did some volunteer work while we were there. In between doing that work I was able to sneak in some of the rehearsal. I saw some INCREDIBLE work being done by the staff. The guys respond very well to what is being taught to them. The first thing that I saw on my way to the field was the opening move that I’ve heard so many bad things about. And what I saw was pretty dang gone good.J It is still going to take some work to get it where they want it. BUT just be patent and have faith. They are going to get there. The same thing with the blades. I thought that those are looking a lot better too. The horn line and drum line are doing a lot of great things too. They are still adding a lot of things in the show. Tempo and dynamic changes where being worked on today while we watched. I missed a little of the final performance, but felt real good about what they had accomplished today. My wife and son Trey had a blast hanging with the Scouts. We hung out with them last year in Sevierville when they came to town. This year they stayed in Madisonville. It’s about a two-hour drive from our place, and about an hour or so from the show site. (Depending on the route that you take) But it was well worth the trip for us. We are tired now that we are home. But are looking forward to doing the one day volunteer thing again next year. We felt bad that we didn’t go to the show. But I got a text from a band director in this area and she said the show was canceled due to a bad rainstorm. So I guess we’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see how the fellas do.

Take care.

Lonnie Gudger Jr.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Let's not forget where the show ending blastisimo started -- back in 1974!!!

Gary.......where's your memory. It started in 1973 when we were close to being undertime because Ray goosed the tempos in the rest of the show. Bruce Lages came up with LLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG last chord as the solution the night before CYO.

Just a note to any Scouts fans coming to the Columbus, Oh show on Wednesday. We are housing the corps at Liberty Middle School on Evans Blvd in Newark, Oh. This is located off of Sharon Valley Road next to the districts Evans Athletic Complex.

The Scouts volunteer web site has it listed as Liberty H.S. on Mt Vernon Road...that is not

correct as there is no Liberty H.S. in Newark.

I would also advise you that Wednesday is the opening day of the Ohio State Fair. You might need to allow some additional time for getting into the parking area of Crew Stadium.

We are looking forward to hosting the guys again. We had them at NHS last year. The high school isn't available this year so they will be at the new middle school. Unfortunately there are no bleachers on the fields they will be using so you might want to bring a lawn chair.

Just a note to any Scouts fans coming to the Columbus, Oh show on Wednesday. We are housing the corps at Liberty Middle School on Evans Blvd in Newark, Oh. This is located off of Sharon Valley Road next to the districts Evans Athletic Complex.

The Scouts volunteer web site has it listed as Liberty H.S. on Mt Vernon Road...that is not

correct as there is no Liberty H.S. in Newark.

I would also advise you that Wednesday is the opening day of the Ohio State Fair. You might need to allow some additional time for getting into the parking area of Crew Stadium.

We are looking forward to hosting the guys again. We had them at NHS last year. The high school isn't available this year so they will be at the new middle school. Unfortunately there are no bleachers on the fields they will be using so you might want to bring a lawn chair.

The correct address is Liberty Middle School, 1055 Evans Blvd, Newhark OH 43055 if you want to map it.

Remember that this is the WEDNESDAY location. They'll be at Bellbrooke HS tomorrow in Bellbrooke, OH.

I'm not sure how to start a new topic. So I'll just add on to my Brotha Ken's Post.

Well, we just got back from Madisonville, TN from a Scout rehearsal. We also did some volunteer work while we were there. In between doing that work I was able to sneak in some of the rehearsal. I saw some INCREDIBLE work being done by the staff. The guys respond very well to what is being taught to them. The first thing that I saw on my way to the field was the opening move that I’ve heard so many bad things about. And what I saw was pretty dang gone good.J It is still going to take some work to get it where they want it. BUT just be patent and have faith. They are going to get there. The same thing with the blades. I thought that those are looking a lot better too. The horn line and drum line are doing a lot of great things too. They are still adding a lot of things in the show. Tempo and dynamic changes where being worked on today while we watched. I missed a little of the final performance, but felt real good about what they had accomplished today. My wife and son Trey had a blast hanging with the Scouts. We hung out with them last year in Sevierville when they came to town. This year they stayed in Madisonville. It’s about a two-hour drive from our place, and about an hour or so from the show site. (Depending on the route that you take) But it was well worth the trip for us. We are tired now that we are home. But are looking forward to doing the one day volunteer thing again next year. We felt bad that we didn’t go to the show. But I got a text from a band director in this area and she said the show was canceled due to a bad rainstorm. So I guess we’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see how the fellas do.

Take care.

Lonnie Gudger Jr.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Thanks for the update Lonnie. Too bad about the wash-out last night but at least you got some face time with the men.

So, what are the chances that we'll see you in September?

MYNWA,

Ken

Go Scouts!!!