The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

(OMG BD has gone off the deep end......... what the heck was that? OMFG? I will give the show time to work out but ....... that was just strange and not in a good way.)

I actually kind of agree, they sound great, but I don't think I get the show well enough to understand what they are trying to do. I would expect more, but the do sound awesome as usual, I bet it will fall in place.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DUNDER HEAD, you can cut and paste your life away. I was saying quite the opposite, I.E., there's No Free Lunch in Life! If you have the ability to read, I simply stated to the Scouts, you'd better darn well burn the midnight oil and do something stupendous to even have a sniff of getting peoples attention. In the real world, there's no other way to right the ship. When I marched, it was simple.....we were continually told, "do the job, get the mark". And it continually worked out that way. At the end of the day, this drum corps gig falls into the hands of a few individuals who ultimately decide your collective fate. After all the hard work's been done, how wrong is it to at least hope that the powers-that-be will see it your way. Anything wrong with that??? Go look for your demons under someone else's rocks, not here!

Mad75

And Again George,

If you would have actually read my original post rather then rushing to become a 3-rd rate, cut-em and paste-em journalistic hack; you would have actually read that my words had nothing to do with what you assume. (there's something about that word assume....HMMMMM.......

Mad75

Santa Clara blew my mind for this early in the season, I can't wait to see how they score. I've never really been a fan, but after Eureka and what I just watched they are really growing on me! I'm going to check out the BD's now!

SCV's opener is great..... as well as the rest of the show, BUT I dig "Chairman dances."

Thumbs up for SCV. It's a good show that will take them all season to clean. I like the drill and music....... very nice stuff.

I'm pretty new to this site, so I was wondering if there was always this kind of drama going on around here?

Unfortunately there tends to be way too many people with their underwear in a bunch on here but if you sift through the crap there

is actually some decent conversation and information about drum corps on DCP.

I'm pretty new to this site, so I was wondering if there was always this kind of drama going on around here?

only after the first show of the year where some people tend to determine DCI Finals placements immediately afterwards.

:tongue:

100_4515.jpg

Great photos! Hope you don't mind, but I ran a color correction on this one:

100_4515.jpg

Unfortunately there tends to be way too many people with their underwear in a bunch on here but if you sift through the crap there

is actually some decent conversation and information about drum corps on DCP.

More of a reason not to wear underwear...

I never marched in a corps, but in college we "sampled" a lot of stuff from the Scouts 97 and 98 shows and I've been obsessed with them ever since! and now after watching the CA show on fan network I'm ready to pick up my horn and take the field again lol!

Yes. I liken it to middle school behavior. It's drives some good people away, and leaves the rest to sort thru the crap. I do like the "ignore" feature that allows you to not even see certain peoples posts. I think I'm going to have to try that out.

I've been thinking about this all day. I wonder if placements would have been different if the line up was different. The line up WAS

Colt cadets

Racine Scouts

Madison Scouts

Blue Stars

Colts

Cavies

Crown

PR

I don't want to get into the whole slotting thing, but who knows?

I would have placed them

PR

Crown

Cavies

Scouts

Colts

Blue Stars