Blue Stars Drums/Caption head in 2006

Hybrid_Johnny

Theyre only a year old... they sound and look good... drums are notoriously "passed down" to smaller corps or high school/colleges. They were taken care of, I can tell you that, but you're gonna want to be careful crankin the tenor heads. Good luck finding that amount of equipment for that price anywhere else. Hybrid Johnny, how big is your line anyway? If there are 5 or less snares you could even pull a multi section snare solo type thing... (Boston 03..? :)).

Theyre only a year old... they sound and look good... drums are notoriously "passed down" to smaller corps or high school/colleges. They were taken care of, I can tell you that, but you're gonna want to be careful crankin the tenor heads. Good luck finding that amount of equipment for that price anywhere else. Hybrid Johnny, how big is your line anyway? If there are 5 or less snares you could even pull a multi section snare solo type thing... (Boston 03..? :)).

uh....that was done back in the 80's by several groups (bluecoats most historically recognized)...its not a "boston thing"...as they didnt even do it that well, just copied the concept, but fell short...again...Boston who?

Just stumbled upon this thread now. The silver Ludwigs were sold a few weeks ago, so no longer available. I do have a different battery set for sale, if anyone's interested. Send me a pm if you would like details.

Thanks,

Brad

uh....that was done back in the 80's by several groups (bluecoats most historically recognized)...its not a "boston thing"...as they didnt even do it that well, just copied the concept, but fell short...again...Boston who?

Did I say it was a "Boston thing" ? -- first one that came to mind. and the effect worked pretty well. Copied the concept? didn't realize bluecoats had a patent on the idea. crap. guess write a letter and ask permission next time i use it for my h.s. kids... :thumbup: