St Johns Drum & Bugle Corps

Let me add Daryl Langworthy who marched with me in NY and then spent a year with Seneca and Oakland then...went on for three years with Santa Clara.

How about?

Doug Thrower

Dave MacKinnon

Wayne Dillon

Bill Thomas

John Phillips

John Freeman

Dave Meikle

its late there are more....................

Edited by bedford

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Division III is where most of the draw will come from. Division III is in a terrible, terrible state these days.

This is where you are wrong. Div 3 continues to improve. The senior talent in Div 3 is comparable to Div 1. Kids walk out of Div 3 and into Div 1. Yes, you also have kids that walk in off the street and the fact that so few stick out on the field is a testament both to the work those kids put in and the staffs that train them. I have always maintained it takes more ability to teach a Div 3 corps than a Div 1 corps. We don't get to pick and choose the best of the best. We take kids that can't read, can't march, are uncoordinated and atonal, and in a few months have them on the field marching, playing and looking good. Is it SCV? Of course not - it isn't expected to be. Is it a phenominal accomplishment? Absolutely!

Div 3 kids and instructors take a back seat to nobody, my friend.

I mention Bernstein only because Act 2 of The Mass bears the same title.

I used it because of the father/son theme that prevails through the book (even though the father is dead).

I love Bernstein. If I could only do with words one tiny fraction of what he could do with music... :ph34r:

As for digressing... show me a string on DCP that doesn't and I'll buy the book for you.

I'll go looking - I really want to sell more books!!! :tongue:

How about?

Doug Thrower

Dave MacKinnon

Wayne Dillon

Bill Thomas

John Phillips

John Freeman

Dave Meikle

its late there are more....................

Hee Hee - I was John Freeman's drill instructor in Navy League Cadets in the early '70s. I helped build greatness!!!

Holy S%&T Jimmy. What preservatives have you been consuming???

Honestly - it's true. I was a Sub Lieutenant in Navy League after I aged out of Sea Cadets and I was what we called the Gunnery Officer, which in Navy League meant I was in charge of teaching drill and the guard. John was a great cadet and he was put in the guard. So yeah - I taught him for a while. I wasn't really any great influence on him, but it's kinda funny to think back on it.

relax. the season is upon us.

This I agree with - time for us all to move on here. This is the St. Johns thread....

Edited by kusankusho

bedford, hall, johnny:

What part of "within the last 15 years" do you not understand?

too many people needing to vent. relax. the season is upon us. you will soon get your fix.

Chester - have you never played pile on dude. You just happened to get caught at the bottom of the pile.

Its ok ... no one gets hurt and your turn to be the King of the Castle is coming!!!!!