St Johns Drum & Bugle Corps

I think this is exactly right. The excitement seems to have gotten a little ahead of the solidification of the PR message, and perhaps the plans. Everyone needs to give the organization time to get their ducks in a row.

Edited by kusankusho

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 110% agree with Johnny :-)

this needs whole thread needs to come dopwn, and info should be told on an "as need basis"!

I personally am removing all my posts

I think this is exactly right. The excitement seems to have gotten a little ahead of the solidification of the PR message, and perhaps the plans. Everyone needs to give the organization time to get their ducks in a row.

And if this post does by chance stay up. Just good old fashion support would be awesome. Remember...We are all family.

I 110% agree with Johnny :-)

this needs whole thread needs to come dopwn, and info should be told on an "as need basis"!

I personally am removing all my posts

Change "as need basis" to "when plans are finalized" and I could agree.

As a US Govt employee the phrase "need to know" regarding releasing info has a negative connection. Might as well say "none of your #### business". Not a slam, but like before, something in the post that might not be taken the way it was intended.

As a non-SJ person, but one who supports new All Age and smaller DCI corps, IMO management needs to get the pieces together better before any more big announcements are made.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Absolutely! :tongue:

You're dreamin' ! :thumbup:

Look - I think starting this all age corps is really great. But you're drawing from a pool of defunct mediocre div III corps, at best! You ain't kickin' nobody's ###! Not when you're up against X members of top DCI corps. So instead, go out there and have some FUN! But don't start telling the troops that they are going to be competitive, because you'll set them up for a huge let down. And then they may leave in frustration. I urge you to make this about having a good time. Get them excited about just performing again.

As an aside, make sure you hire some better instructors than what taught those Ontario div III corps that you're drawing from.

Chester85 I would like to thank you for uniting a large group of Ontario fans, members, and instructors. I am proud to say I marched and taught in Ontario, and am going to keep doing both. Teaching and being a member of drum corps has taught me a lot. I have learned from many great instructors and yes I have learned many things from members of corps I have marched with and marched against. I would not change my drum corps past for anything. Along with learning about music and performance the most important thing I have learned from Ontario drum corps is that we are all family here in Ontario, and that only the individual can say what they can and can’t achieve. Finally I don’t agree with anything you have really said. I do understand when you say management should not lie to the member about how they will do, but you and I don’t know who is going to be marching or teaching. So all I really thing needs to be said is “Good Luck”, and I will be buying a ticket to see the Burgundy and Black return to the field.

Chester85 I would like to thank you for uniting a large group of Ontario fans, members, and instructors. I am proud to say I marched and taught in Ontario, and am going to keep doing both. Teaching and being a member of drum corps has taught me a lot. I have learned from many great instructors and yes I have learned many things from members of corps I have marched with and marched against. I would not change my drum corps past for anything. Along with learning about music and performance the most important thing I have learned from Ontario drum corps is that we are all family here in Ontario, and that only the individual can say what they can and can’t achieve. Finally I don’t agree with anything you have really said. I do understand when you say management should not lie to the member about how they will do, but you and I don’t know who is going to be marching or teaching. So all I really thing needs to be said is “Good Luck”, and I will be buying a ticket to see the Burgundy and Black return to the field.

Biggie. Your a little late to be jumping in on this chester thing. He has said his piece and everyone has said theirs to him. It has been agreed on by most to just let it go and allow St. John's to do their thing.

Biggie. Your a little late to be jumping in on this chester thing. He has said his piece and everyone has said theirs to him. It has been agreed on by most to just let it go and allow St. John's to do their thing.

Well Biggie is getting alittle slow in his old age. I don't really ever come on here but the positive drum corps vibe made me look and is putting me on the field and this year.