2008 Standings

:tongue:

Post gone into stealth mode.

Edited by CallipygianKing

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the ####### Renegades rule making a comeback?

Is the ####### Renegades rule making a comeback?

The one formerly known as the Minnesota Brass rule? The one that says that since the Renegades got 8th place last year and won't have an August score this year they're going on 8th from the end at prelims? Yeah, but it looks like I needed to read it closer before posting what I had earlier (I was concerned with the second half of his post, the half that defined what "Affiliate" and "Associate" corps were). I'm guessing you'll be somewhere in the last ten, but you get a spot by random drawing. Or maybe it's that you're just going on tenth from the end since all the other member corps will be seeded. Who knows?

Scott Rhodes posted the current DCA bylaw that applies:

DCA Rulebook, p. 10:

8. Order of Performance (Prelims) – Corps will appear in the order of their highest score during

the regular season at DCA sanctioned contests, with the highest scoring corps appearing last.

All ties will be decided by drawing.

In the absence of the availability of a seeding score for a competing corps, order of

appearance shall be any Affiliate Member corps, followed by Associate Member corps, and

finally by Full Member Corps as per the following:

Affiliate Member Corps – Unseeded Affiliate Member Corps will appear before Associate

Member Corps and will draw for position.

Associate Member Corps – Unseeded Associate Member Corps will appear after unseeded

Affiliate Member Corps, and will draw for position.

Full Member Corps – Unseeded Full Member Corps will appear after unseeded associate

member corps and will draw for position.

The seeding issue for the West Coast Corps Renegades & Dream have been worked out with DCA(Gil Silva & Board).

We hope to get the resolved this at the next rules congress...

The one formerly known as the Minnesota Brass rule? The one that says that since the Renegades got 8th place last year and won't have an August score this year they're going on 8th from the end at prelims? Yeah, but it looks like I needed to read it closer before posting what I had earlier (I was concerned with the second half of his post, the half that defined what "Affiliate" and "Associate" corps were). I'm guessing you'll be somewhere in the last ten, but you get a spot by random drawing. Or maybe it's that you're just going on tenth from the end since all the other member corps will be seeded. Who knows?

Who Knows?

My guess is nobody at this point and time.Last year I sat down with some DCA vets and we all plugged our thinking caps on,,examined the rule book and we all came up with what we felt like was the prelims seeding.Lets just say it was different than what DCA came up with.

Long and short,,Seeding is going to be whatever DCA says its going to be,,just roll with it,laugh and have another beer.

Edited by camel lips

The seeding issue for the West Coast Corps Renegades & Dream have been worked out with DCA(Gil Silva & Board).

We hope to get the resolved this at the next rules congress...

Awesome! I was worried that the wording of the bylaws as they stand would put you kids at a disadvantage.

FYI... I won't be able to update these rankings until Monday. I'll be on the field in South Milwaukee and Racine...

Good luck to everyone this weekend!