Illinois Brass Band, open auditions in July

JeffBanyots

Does anyone know of a Drum Corps that has used cornets before? I never did, but I was just curious.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a Drum Corps that has used cornets before? I never did, but I was just curious.

Does Crossmen? or are those small Fluegel's?

Did I forget to mention that Drum Corps legend Ken Norman is a member and staff arranger of this band?

Better than a shameless bump...

Did I forget to mention that Drum Corps legend Ken Norman is a member and staff arranger of this band?

:thumbup:

I was going to ask that question yesterday, Jeff..I saw his name listed on the website, and figured..Doesn't Ken have enough going on, he has to play in a British -style Brass Band too?

May have to order a recording..To add to my new collection of BB discs.

Pat

:thumbup:

I was going to ask that question yesterday, Jeff..I saw his name listed on the website, and figured..Doesn't Ken have enough going on, he has to play in a British -style Brass Band too?

May have to order a recording..To add to my new collection of BB discs.

Pat

Yeah, he's a busy cat!

Can't wait to see you guys at the mini corps show at DCA.

I ran into Ken at the brass band festival in Kentucky one year. He was there to "play a few tunes with the Illinois Brass Band because these guys asked me to come down" he said.

Gotta admit that he's about the last person I would have ever dreamed of running into at Danville. Ken was the arranger for the junior corps shows I marched in both 1983 and 1984.......different corps, different time zones, same arranger.

Yeah, dude. Believe everything you see in the movies.

That's like renting a copy of "Spinal Tap" so you know what to expect playing in a rock band.

Wow, my "Brassed Off" sarcasm was lost on you! Have you even seen that movie? It was a comedy based on characters in a band, not a documentary of a band.

I should have said: Watching "Brassed Off" to get ready for your audition would be like watching "Drumline" to get ready for corps season.

And, to be honest, "Spinal Tap" is so funny because the hair band guys of the 1980s ARE like those guys from the movie.

Wow, my "Brassed Off" sarcasm was lost on you! Have you even seen that movie? It was a comedy based on characters in a band, not a documentary of a band.

I should have said: Watching "Brassed Off" to get ready for your audition would be like watching "Drumline" to get ready for corps season.

And, to be honest, "Spinal Tap" is so funny because the hair band guys of the 1980s ARE like those guys from the movie.

I have a friend who drives the charter entertainer coaches (big fancy buses) for touring musicians. (He got his start driving drum corps tours B-T-W) He says that it's frightening how close to home Spinal Tap comes sometimes.

Sorry but this is in the wrong forum. The DCI season is upon us and this forum will be getting jammed up so moving this one to the brass forum.

Sorry but this is in the wrong forum. The DCI season is upon us and this forum will be getting jammed up so moving this one to the brass forum.

Well, I guess I understand, but there are 217 people looking at the DCI world class page right now.

And TWO looking in the brass forum.