Herald Mail coverage of Cadets in Chambersburg

different folks, different strokes I guess

When I did these clinics, hanging releases wasn't the way we "had fun." I'm not reading into it as far as projecting them out of finals or anything, but I figured Gino would've flipped and not have been as accepting of it.

You're joking, right? I've seen clinics where Gino was with the Blue Devils and he let solo sops hang releases all the time. And not just on the jazz charts where they may seem more appropriate.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking, right? I've seen clinics where Gino was with the Blue Devils and he let solo sops hang releases all the time. And not just on the jazz charts where they may seem more appropriate.

In fact I remember seeing something on DCI where they were showing BD's horn arc, and there were A LOT of releases hung.

Don't worry, Gino will fix it. They've got all season.

haha...yeah Gino doesnt stick around for any of the clinics. the stuff drives him nuts. and yeah a lot of ppl switched instruments for the show and tell. I played in the pit once, lol and i wasn't to good

i "played" snare for one clinic.

the high school kids were WAY better than me, seeing that they knew how to hold the sticks correctly in the first place.

Hmm, gino with BD and gino with Cadets are two very different things. I know one of the reasons he's at cadets now is because he prefers the more regimented atmosphere. Thats probably the reason why he tends to hide during MIC's :lol:

i "played" snare for one clinic.

the high school kids were WAY better than me, seeing that they knew how to hold the sticks correctly in the first place.

Best thing I did was hold music for a kid in one hand, and play the valves on Gow's baritone with my other hand, ala the 2000 feature, as he circular breathed during Cadillac.

*gasp....the cadets arent always uber-serious.....Oh Noes!!!*

*GASP*!

*GASP*!

Im sorry if I just turned your world upside down...

What??!!! We were always uber-serious when I marched. Gino used to make me to eight-count bodybuilders whenever I missed my dot... :lol:

Im sorry if I just turned your world upside down...

I've been living in a haze of lies.