Keep DCI Plugged

The fans should be allowed to bring in megaphones to express their feeling on this subject.

A ###-for-tat if you will..............

BOOOOOOOOOOO

( oh for Gods sake, you can't say t-i-t---for-tat ? )

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point it would also be refreshing to hear a corps kick it old school and listen to what they could do too. Think about all of the sounds they can make..... could that corps make it today in the top 12?????

I think electronics and amps woodwinds and strings add so many tools to designers to use that are really cool. Think of all the colors and effects that are available through electronics woodwinds and strings. Integrating that into the drum corps medium is very important. It keeps the activity on the cutting edge and keeps show designers satisfied. Allowing electronics woodwinds and strings doesn't mean everyone has to use them. There is variety which I appreciate. Groups are free to have their unique colors and sounds.

:thumbup:

I think electronics and amps woodwinds and strings add so many tools to designers to use that are really cool. Think of all the colors and effects that are available through electronics woodwinds and strings. Integrating that into the drum corps medium is very important. It keeps the activity on the cutting edge and keeps show designers satisfied. Allowing electronics woodwinds and strings doesn't mean everyone has to use them. There is variety which I appreciate. Groups are free to have their unique colors and sounds.

:thumbup:

ok so you support the addition of other instruments. this thread is just about electronics and amps though. interesting thought though.

:troll food: Terrance? Terrance.....Is that you? TERRANCE......we've missed you so much. So glad you're back! :thumbup:

I just went back and watched "This I believe" on youtube. Just for the horn line, not for the narration. I think narration made that guy "angry". :ph34r: He sure was trying to "stick it to the man" with his interpretation of "THIS I BELIEVE" wasn't he? :ph34r:

The show would've been so much better (For me) with out talking. That horn line was sick!

But like Matt (Galen) I was so against amps in the beginning but I do see the need of it for some front line equipment. But anyway...you want us to rant and rave about how wonderful talking over horn parts is? :thumbup:

Edited by Lancerlady

I'm all for it. Give the corps. another creative outlet to explore. As with MANY programs over the last 30 some odd years, some ideas will work and some won't. Exploration is part of the activity.

:sad:

I love this post! :thumbup::ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I think electronics and amps add so many tools to designers to use that are really cool. Think of all the colors and effects that are available through electronics. Integrating that into the drum corps medium is very important. It keeps the activity on the cutting edge and keeps show designers satisfied. Allowing electronics doesn't mean everyone has to use them. There is variety which I appreciate. Groups are free to have their unique colors and sounds.

You are so right Lando. Where would we be without narration? I like it ever so much and I can't imagine what "Drum and Bugle Corps" would be without it. I just know thousands of fans would leave if we ever took it away. Oh I hope that never happens. I would be ever so sad.

You are so right Lando. Where would we be without narration? I like it ever so much and I can't imagine what "Drum and Bugle Corps" would be without it. I just know thousands of fans would leave if we ever took it away. Oh I hope that never happens. I would be ever so sad.

This is a wonderful expression of sarcasm! Very well done. BRAVO!!!! :thumbup: