DCPI-XI (2009) - Will YOU be using electronic instruments?

Will you use electronic instruments in 2009 (if allowed)?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use electronic instruments in 2009 (if allowed)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Give me time to decide.

I'm not sure if DCPI will be allowing electronic instruments in the 2009 season, but we all know DCI will. So, if DCPI makes the change as well, will your corps be using electronic instruments? Or will you stay with natural power?

My answer: no electronic instruments for me. I like drum corps the way it is.

because of the nature of our show, (Penguin Brigade) we will be using them mostly to provide penguin and polar bear noises during the percussion/flag feature, as well as for a few bars requiring it for he sound effects featured in the pit, resembling water splashes, ice breaking, and sleigh bells.

We're focused solely on this season right now.

oooh...i just noticed he was talking about next season....well we're using them this season =P

Glory of Music understands and condones the use of amplification for non-projecting pit instruments... but actual electronically produced sounds are not in our plans at this time.

Oh, I forgot about amplification. I agree with what hostrauser said.

The Challengers will not this season, nor will we ever use amplification in any of our shows other than in the front ensemble. We accept the idea but we do not feel we would like to follow it.

Edited by corps_kid

While the Knights support the use of creative for all corps, it simply doesnt not fit within our organization to use electronic instruments. Our sister organization may do so with encouragement, we will not be using it however. Our previous titles without electronic instruments speak for themselves.