Bridgeport Scores

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an FYI it's actually 5 Dale. 1991-1995.

:tongue:

Thanks for the correction. Edit made in the original.

---

Edited by lucky8drummer

Ah, DCA is so much fun to try figuring out!

Dale,

Agree with your comments (logical as usual). I, like many others will be very interested to see what kind of score Empire gets this weekend head to head with Cabs. I saw Cabs in Wildwood and they made huge strides from Fri night rehearsal to showtime Sat night and they should never be left out of the 'mix'.

However, I also saw Empire do a few near complete run-throughs several weeks ago and the brass line sounded pretty solid even back then........they must have improved considerably over the last three weeks, but only competition gets the intensity up to where it should be so we'll see on Saturday. Will there be a 'spread' between Cabs and Empire? Who will be on top bunk? Will the winner be closer to Bucs or the loser? As an alumnus of Empire, I'm biased of course and hope they can score closer to Bucs......but again.......NEVER count out the bell bottom folks.

P.S. Since you mention Manasses I guess you're not going to make the big alumni gig this weekend. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Gord Moffatt

(Reminds me, I need to change my DCP name......went passed the fifties already)

OK first of all Cru isn't in trouble.

We have a very strong drumline wich in a few weeks will be competing wiht the best.

Next week will be the true test of where cru stands. We had no housing on Friday night we drove down and imediately started practicing and then the show.

So what you saw was a corp on little to no sleep and we held our own. If you look at the recap we placed 3rd in feild brass and 4th in percussion.

We are back and will be turning some heads as the season goes on. See you at Finals.

Miller,

'07 Troopers Drum Major

'08 Cru Drum Major

That's how most, if not all DCA corps operate. You leave late Friday night/Saturday morning (however you want to look at it), sleep on the bus, get to the rehearsal site, rehearse all day and do a show. Nothing different there. This is DCA, not DCI.

Just a suggestion...the corps shouldn't over-hype itself. If a fan or alumni does, so be it, but staff or members shouldn't do it. Because of winter hype everyone reads on DCP each year about the Rochester Crusaders, we expect bigger and better. When the corps doesn't deliver, the fans are left saying, "Well, was it a hype machine again?"

Just a suggestion...the corps shouldn't over-hype itself. If a fan or alumni does, so be it, but staff or members shouldn't do it. Because of winter hype everyone reads on DCP each year about the Rochester Crusaders, we expect bigger and better. When the corps doesn't deliver, the fans are left saying, "Well, was it a hype machine again?"

The brass section and percussion sections are better by far this year, that is why we are excited, and I stand by my statement of this maybe being one of the best snare lines in DCA, ask anyone at the show, or come check us out in the lot.

That's how most, if not all DCA corps operate. You leave late Friday night/Saturday morning (however you want to look at it), sleep on the bus, get to the rehearsal site, rehearse all day and do a show. Nothing different there. This is DCA, not DCI.

I'm somewhat relieved to see someone else notice this. Speaking as a Cru alum, I still feel the sensitivity and defensiveness when I see current corps members get a little ahead of themselves when talking about the corps' fortunes and future on DCP.

I know what gets said when the corps stands shoulder to shoulder on the 50 at the end of practice or by the truck after retreat. Those things are often better left there. A good policy is to speak publicly only on the competition field on Sat nights using your mind, body, and equipment. Leave the homerism and rationalizations to the fans, who have nothing else better to do here.

Last Saturday, the Cabs lost to a corps that hasn't beaten them in the lifetimes of many Cru members. I don't sense anything other than determination (mostly quiet) coming from them to change that result the next time. As my friend, Gord, pointed out, never count the bell-bottomed ones out. If the corps plays its cards right, in the coming years most DCA fans will say the same thing about Cru. But, it takes some time of putting consistently high-quality performances on the field and climbing the ladder to earn that respect. One year in 10th place is a good start, but only that. Staking a claim to more is only hype.

I'm looking forward to seeing Cru in Scranton.

(PS: Gord, I learned a while back to make my DCP name something a little less specific, so that changing circumstances won't make it obsolete.)

I'm somewhat relieved to see someone else notice this. Speaking as a Cru alum, I still feel the sensitivity and defensiveness when I see current corps members get a little ahead of themselves when talking about the corps' fortunes and future on DCP.

I know what gets said when the corps stands shoulder to shoulder on the 50 at the end of practice or by the truck after retreat. Those things are often better left there. A good policy is to speak publicly only on the competition field on Sat nights using your mind, body, and equipment. Leave the homerism and rationalizations to the fans, who have nothing else better to do here.

Last Saturday, the Cabs lost to a corps that hasn't beaten them in the lifetimes of many Cru members. I don't sense anything other than determination (mostly quiet) coming from them to change that result the next time. As my friend, Gord, pointed out, never count the bell-bottomed ones out. If the corps plays its cards right, in the coming years most DCA fans will say the same thing about Cru. But, it takes some time of putting consistently high-quality performances on the field and climbing the ladder to earn that respect. One year in 10th place is a good start, but only that. Staking a claim to more is only hype.

(PS: Gord, I learned a while back to make my DCP name something a little less specific, so that changing circumstances won't make it obsolete.)

i agree. check the post before yours. it's what your talking about.

Great point. Thank you! Hurricanes have been climbing that ladder very slowly and under the radar. The did not over hype anything. They did their job whether they were in second or last place. They didnt even make finals in I think 2003. The planned for the long term. Even if they end up 5th place, it will be a huge step towards a bigger goal.

Your right, you cant count Cabs or anyone out. Bush or anyone else can come back and start moving up. We just have to sit back, enjoy, and GIVE credit when credit is due. :tongue:

Edited by DCAforLife

The brass section and percussion sections are better by far this year, that is why we are excited, and I stand by my statement of this maybe being one of the best snare lines in DCA, ask anyone at the show, or come check us out in the lot.

I'm glad you guys are excited, but I still stand by what I said earlier. Let the fans and alumni do the hype. The players should be doing other things.

I'm not trying to put CRU down in any way at all. I just call it as I see it.