Bridgeport, CT Review 6/28

I was fully prepared to review Cabs Alumni at the Bayonne show, but the best I could get from that night is: Boy, once I heard the show was cancelled, it seems nobody packs up their cars quicker and better than the Cabs Alumni!!!!!!

:tongue:

We tried to get the attention of several of the Bayonne show coordinators to move the venue to inside the empty hockey rink that evening because of the weather, but to no avail. We would have loved to have played inside, as we were all dressed & warmed up and ready to go. Alas, I got soaked by the same rain that caught the Bridgemen on the field that evening. And I was one of the last out of the school parking lot that evening. :tongue:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday at the parade Cru and Hurcs threw it down in a friendly "drum off" and at the end we all played some exercises together and everyone had a great time!

hurcscrudrumcircle.jpg

VERY COOL !!!!

I'm a college student who is currently sidelined from the drum corps activity due to injury. You're correct I am a euphonium player I've been playing since high school. I'm not quite a pro I do play in bands outside of school every once in awhile if someone invites me to do so. I tried hard not to go into the percussion because I didn't really feel it was my place to comment in an area that I have little knowledge. I felt that would be kinda rude. I made the review pretty general I mean its not the greatest detail I could've gone into so I wrote what I felt was most important the time and really felt that I wanted the people reading it to be the people who performed saturday night. That if I could talk to that corps or brass section this is generally what I would say. I dont take your comment as a dig so don't worry about that haha thank you for you interest. Would you have found this review helpful?

Thanks for the info - I did find your post helpful. I really really wanted to go to this show. When you feel more comfortable, the sense of the occasion is a cool thing to get out of DCP, ya know, sights and sounds, did people dig the shows? were certain corps inspired? etc. etc. but I got a good sense of who sounded like what, which is a real service. Thanks.

Hope your injury heals and you get back out there.

Anyone got pics?

Anyone got pics?

the best i can offer is what's on The CT Post website. the photographer seemed to take off early and didn't get everyone.

BUT they are still better than the ones i took with my little camera. :rolleyes:

also some pics from the parade can be found here. a few of the Marines, and one of Cabs, not a whole lot of corps.

Edited by LegalEagle50

the best i can offer is what's on The CT Post website. the photographer seemed to take off early and didn't get everyone.

BUT they are still better than the ones i took with my little camera. :rolleyes:

also some pics from the parade can be found here. a few of the Marines, and one of Cabs, not a whole lot of corps.

uber cool

23/34 you can see CorpsVets in the background.

Some Barnum sideline addenda:

CV was the first DCA corps in the parade, Hurcs were last. CV wanted to get on their buses and back to Hotlanta.

If you don't think people love drum corps, try this. As I got to my announcer's station for the parade on Sunday morning, I noticed a familiar gent sitting in a lawn chair on the curb nearby. It was Jimmy Russo. He coulda been back home in his Barcalounger, but apparently is glued to this activity--even a parade. I introduced him near the end of the gig, and he got a very warm round of applause.

IMHO, I thought all corps were more "ready" this year than they have been in recent seasons.

I like when I go to a show and the bottom two finishers thoroughly entertain me. The SCV flashbacks helped me to enjoy RCru, and CV's variety (loooved the dark, scary middle piece Inferno) was exquisite in a compact, easy-to-digest show.

I promise to get cracking with some Barnum folks to make this a more well-oiled event next year. Some folks are actually talking about an event Friday night, perhaps merely social.

Thanks to all who came, saw and posted. Most of all, thanks to the corps.

And Mr. Ponzo.

Ace

if you're able to make suggestions tell them to improve the speaker system!

:thumbup:

Hey Liz.........sorry I missed you. I thought the speakers were part of the guard staff that annoyed the heck outta me and everyone else within hearing range.

J

if you're able to make suggestions tell them to improve the speaker system!

:thumbup: