Carolina Crown Show

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most talented and well-designed colorguards in DCI (in my opinion). They are taking on a lot...and achieving pretty well from what I have seen. Many kudos to the members and staff. :thumbup:

Crown's guard has been one of the best for the past several years. I think even in 2003 when the corps as a whole finished in 11th their guard was top 5 or close to it. They do a great job integrating the guard into the show and the members do a great job executing some pretty tough drill.

On a different note, it is nice to see their percussion scores up from the past couple years and more in line with the corps they are placing near.

Crown's guard has been one of the best for the past several years. I think even in 2003 when the corps as a whole finished in 11th their guard was top 5 or close to it. They do a great job integrating the guard into the show and the members do a great job executing some pretty tough drill.

On a different note, it is nice to see their percussion scores up from the past couple years and more in line with the corps they are placing near.

Chadwick: I agree totally; I have been a fan of Crown's guard since the late 90's...hence why I chose to march the winterguard "Crown Guard" (formerly of Dayton, OH) directed by a former caption head of Carolina Crown...who is now doing fantastic things at Blue Stars. Crown has always been chock-full of talent and had interesting and often times "cutting edge" design (in my opinion). Not only do they have pretty tough drill, they have some of the most challenging and interesting choreography displayed in the activity. I'm excited to see where they take it.

Got to say The hornline sounded great at times but the musical choices are wacky. You never get enough of any one tune. The minute you start to recognize a song it switches to another then another.

Excellent...that's the whole point of the show.

3. The Hallelujah Chorus IS NOT THE END OF THE MESSIAH!!! Sorry, that one is a particular pet peeve of mine.

But it is the ending to the second part of it . . . .

3. The Hallelujah Chorus IS NOT THE END OF THE MESSIAH!!! Sorry, that one is a particular pet peeve of mine.

Im with ya on that .... Hallelujah is #44 of 53 ... the END of the Messiah is "Worthy is the Lamb" followed by about 3 - 5 minutes of Amen ( depending on the tempo )