Naperville, IL - June 29, 2008

There have been many drum corps over the years that have put amazing visual products on the field. Do we say to them "if your show doesn't stand on its own musically then your visuals mean nothing?"

J,

Unfortunately, this is exactly the sentiment held by a lot of people in the activity today. I recall, not all too long ago, comments almost verbatim as above WRT to some recent championship programs. The other side of it is that we, as fans, CAN expect a show or portion of a show to stand on it's own.. where we fail is in expecting the rules to comply with our personal preferences.

Summer is a welcome break from real life!!

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

Unfortunately, this is exactly the sentiment held by a lot of people in the activity today. I recall, not all too long ago, comments almost verbatim as above WRT to some recent championship programs.

Heh, been in the World Class Forum today? It's baaaaack... :hmmm:

Heh, been in the World Class Forum today? It's baaaaack... :hmmm:

Yeah, I read a little here and there..

I suppose it's comforting, in a strange way, that some things will never change.

Stef

Check out Sam:

CavaliersNaperville250.jpg

I did the google search and man all I can say is WOW just WOW :lol::hmmm::smile:

Thank you all for taking time out of your lives to do this for us, the Fans.

Love the Satins. Love the hornline. :hmmm::lol: I could of thrown babies at the drumline. :hmmm::lol:

Wow Sam was kicking it. What is the story about Sam? Man he is good. :lol::blink:

For those in the rifle line, I just know you all are throwing the old skool rifles that weight what? around 50# :lol:

You all will be at DCI this year right? If so I will be seeing you all in person.

Again THANK YOU ALL.

I did the google search and man all I can say is WOW just WOW :cool::sad::omg:

Thank you all for taking time out of your lives to do this for us, the Fans.

Love the Satins. Love the hornline. :worthy::cool: I could of thrown babies at the drumline. :sad::omg:

Wow Sam was kicking it. What is the story about Sam? Man he is good. :worthy::worthy:

For those in the rifle line, I just know you all are throwing the old skool rifles that weight what? around 50# :worthy:

You all will be at DCI this year right? If so I will be seeing you all in person.

Again THANK YOU ALL.

The version of Sing Sing Sing we are playing is a combination of the '57 (I think) and '81 versions. Sam was the single tenor soloist from '57. He is playing along with Dave Flynn who was the DM/Drum soloist in '81. All in, the alumni corps has representation from every single year of the corps 60 year history.

NPR is a liberal radio station and I am a conservative, so no, I can't say that I listen to it...(then again, I haven't seen The Cadets' show this year yet and have not been critical of the male "actor"). Nice review.

Hm.

I think I'm about as conservative as they come (I just don't wear it on my sleeve) and even I can reduce myself to listen to interesting radio once in a while (Cubs games are carried on WGN -- notoriously "liberal" talk.. but hey.. it's the Cubs).

Give it a try sometime (This American Life has recently made the jump to television, too.. it's quite good).. you may surprise yourself with your capacity for tolerance -- I bet you won't burst into flames even once.

Thanks for the compliment about the review, though. :)

Stef

even I can reduce myself to listen to interesting radio once in a while (Cubs games are carried on WGN -- notoriously "liberal" talk.. but hey.. it's the Cubs).

'GN's average listeners are the type who think support hose are "too racy", and are often shocked to discover that Milt Rosenberg is...well...(whispered) "Jewish." The station usually wins the coveted "65 to Dead" demographic. If the station's programming was a state, it'd be Nebraska; if it was a city, it'd be Lancaster, PA - minus the provocative Amish clothing.

If they're liberal, I'm a little scared to imagine what strikes you as middle of the road... :smile:

Edited by mobrien