Beans & beer - Beverly MA

Way to go Bones! Crossmen jump another 3 pts. It will be interesting to see what happens when they go up against the corps closer to them.

My guess is they go back down. I doubt they improved three to four points over night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is they go back down. I doubt they improved three to four points over night.

They've got plenty of more tricks up their sleeves. This show has so much potential.

+4 for Boston

+3 for Crossmen

+2 for Cadets

each of these corps are fairly far apart... something will probably give at the next regional when they see other corps in their area. Can't wait.

Could be. I dont think its that odd for cadets to be in the same neighborhood as cavies, crossmen to be getting more seasoned and mature, and boston to have a huge show on their home turf. It's just as likely that the big increases are unrelated. (Im hoping so anyway, mainly for bones and bostons sake...)

Yeah, the Cadets caught an 80, Boston caught a 77, etc. But Boston didn't catch the Bluecoats...cuz it's darn near impossible to catch someone when they aren't there to be caught. :)

Won't find that out until July 9th...which is shaping up to be a VERY interesting show!

Crown and Cadets? Will Boston and Bluecoats make that a tight foursome? And what happens when Spirit, Crossmen, Colts and Glassmen all get together...should be a GREAT show!

Awwww....just let us enjoy it. :thumbup:

Awwww....just let us enjoy it. :thumbup:

Just enjoy that your corps is hot right now in and of themselves. Don't worry about teams who aren't there. Plenty of time for that later on. Celebrate what looks like a very good season and let the chips fall where they may when the time comes. It's all good. :)

I was at last year's show, working in BAC's kitchen truck. We cooked a roast beef dinner, with the tour chef carving the beef at the end of the food line. It was getting ready to rain, so the Boston's director said he needed to get the corps fed as fast as possible. We had the entire corps thru the food line in less than 20 minutes (still with the beef being carved to order).

Oh, wow! I really remember that night now. The beef was excellent as usual. Ron is a great chef. The rain was bad that night. We got so soaked when we played but it was incredibly fun for us and the audience despite the down pour!

Just enjoy that your corps is hot right now in and of themselves. Don't worry about teams who aren't there. Plenty of time for that later on. Celebrate what looks like a very good season and let the chips fall where they may when the time comes. It's all good. :)

Oh, trust me, we enjoy all of the other things too. It's just a nice boost of confidence for the moment, that's all. I know all too well, it can all change in an instant for any corps.

BAC is having a great season and they are really enjoying putting that show out on the field. You are right, it is all good. :thumbup:

I think this show has an announcer that's popular in the area. When he introduces the corps on the field, he goes, "...[corps name] ... YOU ... may take the field in drum corps competition ..." Everyone in the audience shouts YOU! when he does. Kinda cool!. Anybody know the story behind this guy?

I was there last year and to be honest, I found it annoying, but I get annoyed easily some days :thumbup:

As for the venue - not great. While it is turn (from what I remember) the stands are only about 10 rows high. Even at the top of the stands, you can't read any drill.

I was there last year and to be honest, I found it annoying, but I get annoyed easily some days :muahaha:

As for the venue - not great. While it is turn (from what I remember) the stands are only about 10 rows high. Even at the top of the stands, you can't read any drill.

Thats how most places are in New England. Crappy old stadiums, long grass with bumpy fields, crazy announcers, and 200 year old schools for housing sites (oh, and the showers)

You gotta love it though :tongue:

:thumbup: