Any News From Bloomington?

Last I heard the damaged turf was up and the University was promising to have new turf in place 'by the first week of August' BUT at that point no work towards installing new turf had started.

Since then the AD has been distracted by new NCAA charges levied at his basketball program (the dreaded "Lack of Institutional Control") and he has announced that he is resigning effective the end of this year.

SOOOOOOOOO, the question is now, Is anyone working on the turf in the stadium yet? If the new stuff isn't started within the next week they likely aren't gonna make it by quarterfinals.

??????

Interesting. Another issue would be if another big storm hit the area after the new turf was down.

In short, is there a "Plan C"? I'd think relocating out of the Indy/Bloomington area is out of the question with fans' air travel largely arranged...RCA Dome, anyone?

A video on the IU wesite posted Tuesday shows dump trucks unoading new gravel and skip-loaders pushing it around. How long it takes to level the field and then lay the actual turf I couldn't say.

Garry in Vegas

Interesting. Another issue would be if another big storm hit the area after the new turf was down.

In short, is there a "Plan C"? I'd think relocating out of the Indy/Bloomington area is out of the question with fans' air travel largely arranged...RCA Dome, anyone?

The RCA Dome is already partially dismantled and would not be able to host any function.

Garry in Vegas

The RCA Dome is already partially dismantled and would not be able to host any function.

Garry in Vegas

Uh oh. Well, maybe Lucas Oil Field will be finished after all. Or perhaps we should think outside the box and have Championships in the parking lot :-)

Edited by Phillygwm

A video on the IU wesite posted Tuesday shows dump trucks unoading new gravel and skip-loaders pushing it around. How long it takes to level the field and then lay the actual turf I couldn't say.

Garry in Vegas

THIS is concrete (well........gravel anyway) and this is good news.

The DII college in my hometown installed one of these modern artificial turf fields a year ago. It took them about a week to get the gravel right and then it took them another 6-7 weeks to finish......but things move slower in the Appalachian Mountains. A contractor with the incentive and with maybe some days running a second shift could probably get a field installed and ready in four weeks.

If you count Monday, July 7 as day 1, four and a half weeks to be ready is about what they've got.

I just see an "I told you so" forthcoming.

Two images to compare in your minds...

Tobacco row before Congress testifying, "It is not our opinion that smoking is addictive or causes cancer."

DCI staff being photographed in Bloomington the week after the storm promising things would be fine.

Did someone say the AD is resigning??? Almost comical. Nothing against IU. Just DCI's luck/kharma/way of doing things.

I just see an "I told you so" forthcoming.

Two images to compare in your minds...

Tobacco row before Congress testifying, "It is not our opinion that smoking is addictive or causes cancer."

DCI staff being photographed in Bloomington the week after the storm promising things would be fine.

Did someone say the AD is resigning??? Almost comical. Nothing against IU. Just DCI's luck/kharma/way of doing things.

WHAT? PUI is dangerous (posting under the influence)

:)