• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked out the recaps for Rochester. Looks like a much funner bus trip back to Hawthorne this week than last.

The Cabs swept all the captions - horns, drums, visual, GE & CG.

Keep up the good work.

:tongue:

fron what i saw on dca site recaps arent avail yet

fron what i saw on dca site recaps arent avail yet

but those caption awards were announced at the show

just for the record... your comments are incorrect... Empire took both GE captions by a wide margin

That is why the final margin was so close

GREAT show by both... (and everyone else)

The Empire Alumni had a few lead sopranos playing.

Just checked out the recaps for Rochester. Looks like a much funner bus trip back to Hawthorne this week than last.

The Cabs swept all the captions - horns, drums, visual, GE & CG.

Keep up the good work.

:tongue:

Does anyone know what the penalties were all about? Everyone had a penalty except the White Sabers.

So here is my two cents since i didn't want to get into it on the :standings: thread.

White Sabers. I had a hard time with this show due to the size of the corps and the lack of sound they produced .I am sure they will have fun this year .

Crusaders :Started off strong again then following the opening statement I thought the show lost intensity.Drum line was cleaner than previous years at this point but still a very easy book to perform.Visual package seemed very weak at times.Horn were very bottom heavy but played well the first half of the show.color guard seemed young and weak at times.Over all they will get better but I think their placement not will change much from last year

Cabs:Opener seemed very strong but not to difficult .I like the Spanish music and thank you for changing the guards outfits.Drum line played well tonight .Seems like the drum books are getting easier or the lines are younger. I am sure by the end you will fight for the drum title with Reading (may the easier book win) .its all about playing the game i guess.Cabs horns seemed great tonight although drillwasnt that difficult .I thought the guard was second to brigs tonight .They will be the contender(2003)

Brigadiers:The opening drum statement was big with fast tempo's .Ensemble got off a little but finished solid.The opener seem to be catchy although there were some ensemble issues tonight.Drum solo tonight was gray but very entertaining good body movements .Ballad had nice moments with brass and pit.Brigs brass line is smaller this year but seems to play well for early season.The closer was fast and furious .Didn't seem to slow at all.Again some tempo things happening but what a piece "RIDE"definitely one of the stronger pieces in dca this year.Horn line ran out of steam tonight .Seems the ending should of come sooner .I am still glad this corps takes chances and doesn't conform to the :Easier is better: motto

Statesman:I like the moving warm up was it?It seems it is their 25th this year.Lots of glimpses from the past.The drum came out loud also playing a book that was written easy to compete.nothing impressive with the feature up front.They kinda stood up front and played an easy safe solo.Drill seemed a little out of reach for these guys tonight.The horns seemed as strong or better than last year.i think they will be in contention for another horn trophy.Sorry guard but it looks like a tough year in front of you.Overall cabs were more balanced in every section.

Edited by Sal Rosenburg

Really?,.............anybody I know?

At least a couple of them.

Donny

So here is my two cents since i didn't want to get into it on the :standings: thread.

White Sabers. I had a hard time with this show due to the size of the corps and the lack of sound they produced .I am sure they will have fun this year .

Crusaders :Started off strong again then following the opening statement I thought the show lost intensity.Drum line was cleaner than previous years at this point but still a very easy book to perform.Visual package seemed very weak at times.Horn were very bottom heavy but played well the first half of the show.color guard seemed young and weak at times.Over all they will get better but I think their placement not will change much from last year

Cabs:Opener seemed very strong but not to difficult .I like the Spanish music and thank you for changing the guards outfits.Drum line played well tonight .Seems like the drum books are getting easier or the lines are younger. I am sure by the end you will fight for the drum title with Reading (may the easier book win) .its all about playing the game i guess.Cabs horns seemed great tonight although drillwasnt that difficult .I thought the guard was second to brigs tonight .They will be the contender(2003)

Brigadiers:The opening drum statement was big with fast tempo's .Ensemble got off a little but finished solid.The opener seem to be catchy although there were some ensemble issues tonight.Drum solo tonight was gray but very entertaining good body movements .Ballad had nice moments with brass and pit.Brigs brass line is smaller this year but seems to play well for early season.The closer was fast and furious .Didn't seem to slow at all.Again some tempo things happening but what a piece "RIDE"definitely one of the stronger pieces in dca this year.Horn line ran out of steam tonight .Seems the ending should of come sooner .I am still glad this corps takes chances and doesn't conform to the :Easier is better: motto

Statesman:I like the moving warm up was it?It seems it is their 25th this year.Lots of glimpses from the past.The drum came out loud also playing a book that was written easy to compete.nothing impressive with the feature up front.They kinda stood up front and played an easy safe solo.Drill seemed a little out of reach for these guys tonight.The horns seemed as strong or better than last year.i think they will be in contention for another horn trophy.Sorry guard but it looks like a tough year in front of you.Overall cabs were more balanced in every section.

"Rochester Wrap Up":

Thanks for the great write up. :tongue: This appears to be shaping up into a pretty competitive season in the "Seniors".

Elphaba