I heard our penalty had something to do with guard equipment over the back sideline...not too sure about that, though

Edited by cabspit08

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard our penalty had something to do with guard equipment over the back sideline...not too sure about that, though

Kristen is correct. I believe most of the penalties last night in Rochester were due to back sideline infractions. I know ours were.

Kristen is correct. I believe most of the penalties last night in Rochester were due to back sideline infractions. I know ours were.

Yeah Trish we got a penalty because the guard went over the back side line to get their flags.

Edited by cabsmello08

My Thanks to Allen Buell, Dave Bruni and the rest of the ES contest committee. You were great host and ran a great show.

Had a ball with some of your Alumni. I was right three Allen"s were not allowed on the field together, no Jimmy?? he's not that old.

Good luck in Clifton next week.

On behalf of the Cabs pit, I want to thank the Empire Statesman pit crew for letting us borrow their trailer to bring our equipment onto the field...it was a big help! thank you!

Brigadiers:The opening drum statement was big with fast tempo's .Ensemble got off a little but finished solid.The opener seem to be catchy although there were some ensemble issues tonight.Drum solo tonight was gray but very entertaining good body movements .Ballad had nice moments with brass and pit.Brigs brass line is smaller this year but seems to play well for early season.The closer was fast and furious .Didn't seem to slow at all.Again some tempo things happening but what a piece "RIDE"definitely one of the stronger pieces in dca this year.Horn line ran out of steam tonight .Seems the ending should of come sooner .I am still glad this corps takes chances and doesn't conform to the :Easier is better: motto

Thanks for the review!

"Rochester Show, July 5th:

White Sabers have a well constructed show. Need to clean individual marching and the trumpet section needs work. Mellophones and lower brass carry the music program. Nice to see a larger percussion section this year. As with all the corps, can't wait to see them Labor Day.

Crusaders do not have the huge guard of 2007, but the guard still performs well and appear to be enjoying what they are doing. Brass does not have the power of last year, but has command of their book. At times seems quite polished. Drum line commands the field during their drum solo. With some cleaning and adding more dynamics to their brass, will be an entertaining show.

I like the Cab's show better this year and nice to see the guard changed their uniforms (from the Star Wars look). Can be a top rated show with some cleaning. Noticed brass players not dressing their forms and some bumping into each other. Tubas over-blew in a couple of spots. The guard is mature and reminds me of the Cadets of Bergen County at times. They will be a contender this year.

Syracuse Brigs once again have a well constructed show. The Brass seemed to have a few jitters for their first show. Once again, their guard is in top form, even with a few drops. I expected to see the Brigs with another Blue Devils show this year, but it did not happen. Visually they had a nice show and can't wait to see them later in the year.

The Empire Statesmen once again proved to be one of the most entertaining corps, junior or all-aged. They have a much better visual package this year. Percussion took second place to Cabs, but Empire was very close. Although the Cabs also took high brass, makes me wonder if the judges are afraid to award Empire high brass because they are using G-horns and too many "experts" think that you must have B-flat? The Statesmen will find themselves in the top corps at the end of the year, but they need to tighten-up their visuals, coordinate their music program a bit tighter and get the clean-up done with their guard soon instead of at a gradual climb through-out the season like last year. Although their guard has some high-spots, the low-spots are too many. I found that the short flag poles did not work from the stands or they need to change the type of work they are doing with them. Still Empire Statesmen will be the entertainers of the year. David Bruni also won best drum major. He was heads and shoulders over most of the drum majors who sometimes looked like they were just going through the motion. Good Luck this year Empire.

The Statesmen and Statesmen's Alumni rocked the house before the finale. I for once loved being entertained by my former corps while sitting in the audience! Wow, what a sound. worthy.gif"

Seems like the drum books are getting easier or the lines are younger. I am sure by the end you will fight for the drum title with Reading (may the easier book win) .its all about playing the game i guess.

It's not that the drum books are getting easier, in fact, Reading and Cabs' books are some of the hardest in DCA. These two lines and some of the other top DCA lines are getting better each year, making their books "seem" easier, when in fact, they are just as hard if not harder from year to year...You're right when you say the lines are getting younger (for the most part), but the books are definitely not "easier", especially when drill demands in DCA are rising.

The Empire Alumni had a few lead sopranos playing.

Alas, not me.

I at least made it back into the U.S. of A. by July 4th. Sorry I missed the July 4th 'n 5th extravaganza. Hi to all!!!

My Thanks to Allen Buell, Dave Bruni and the rest of the ES contest committee. You were great host and ran a great show.

Thanks Mr. Pronti.... It was fun but I'm THRILLED that's it's over. Now the rest of the summer is just fun!! See you in Clifton yes??