Chesapeake Concourse

Will Crown close the gap on Cadets heading into their Homeshow, or will the Cadets new ending help them pull away? Will Crossmen regain momentum and improve by leaps and bounds? Will Boston continue on the path to being an upper echelon corps again?

Thoughts?

:laughing:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking PLEASE DON'T RAIN!!!!!!

PLEASE DON"T RAIN!!!

Calling for a 40% chance of rain tonight.

The four corps who have been travelling together over the past 10 days, Cadets, Crossmen, Crusaders and Crown, have been dealing with this type of weather report since last Tuesday...they have been lucky, it has rained during rehearsal time, all shows have gone on as scheduled....Hope this is the case tonight, too

Best wishes to all the corps....

GO CROSSMEN!!!!

Dangit, seeing this reminds me I won't be able to make it to any shows this summer.

Best of luck Crossmen!

It has rained at Tidewater the last couple years. I hope it stays away this time.

Will Crown close the gap on Cadets heading into their Homeshow, or will the Cadets new ending help them pull away? Will Crossmen regain momentum and improve by leaps and bounds? Will Boston continue on the path to being an upper echelon corps again?

Thoughts?

Over the last 3 competitions the gap between the Cadets and the Crown have narrowed--from 3 points, to 2.1, to 1.15. I'd say the possibilty is there for the Crown to close the gap further. It would be really exciting to see them catch up completely. That would cause a bit of a stir and it's always exciting to see some movement in the rankings. We'll have to see. Even to close the gap to less than a point would cause some buzz, I suspect.

Boston has been a bit of a rut with their last three scores all in the low 77's. Rather than gaining on Crown, they'll lost ground over those three shows. Maybe they are due to break the rut tonight.

The Crossmen actually did regain momentum in Clifton. If you look at their last six scores, they went down in score only once and that was in the show before Clifton. I'm hoping for another advance, but whether they close on Boston will depend on what Boston does. The Crossmen's improvement show to show has been more of a steady climb than something that's occurred in "leaps and bounds." If they can keep doing that, with no lulls or backsteps, it may be all that is needed to end up in a good place in August.

We shall see.

(edited to add)

Of course, I wouldn't complain if a Crossmen "leap" or "bound" occurred tonight.

Edited by barigirl78

The Crossmen actually did regain momentum in Clifton. If you look at their last six scores, they went down in score only once and that was in the show before Clifton. I'm hoping for another advance, but whether they close on Boston will depend on what Boston does. The Crossmen's improvement show to show has been more of a steady climb than something that's occurred in "leaps and bounds." If they can keep doing that, with no lulls or backsteps, it may be all that is needed to end up in a good place in August.

We shall see.

Wish Crossmen had the money to get their gauntlets. The money for them is supposed to come out the Jazz Club campaign, but that's not doing very well right now. Hopefully more people will join it, so they can get the stuff the need. Their goal is 50,000 and so far they've only raised a little over $16,000 since its inception May 5th.

I think not having the gauntlets is really hurting their visual appearance right now; the unis look too plain. They're also missing show flags in two sections of the show.

I'm a little embarrassed to be an alumni right now. I hope people get off the fence soon. It ain't cheap to run a drum corps these days.