GLASSMEN Trunks?!

I think those are Steamer Trunks (travelling chests), right? I looked them up and they were used in from the 18th to 20th centuries for people who would travel on extended trips from home. When the guard is coming across the field after the opening hit, it almost looks like they're exhausting themselves to push them onto the site to set the "Kar-ne-nel" up. What does everyone else think?!

You're probably right, although I didn't really think they added much to the show. I think the big goofy wheels made them look cheesy. But hey, the Glassmen entertained, for sure.

You're probably right, although I didn't really think they added much to the show. I think the big goofy wheels made them look cheesy. But hey, the Glassmen entertained, for sure.

WHAT? The Glassmen? Are these the same Glassmen that sold shirts a few years ago that read "BORING"?

Wow I have to watch this show!

WHAT? The Glassmen? Are these the same Glassmen that sold shirts a few years ago that read "BORING"?

Wow I have to watch this show!

You'll enjoy the show. They are NOT boring anymore!

I don't think Glassmen have been boring the past few years. Their Beethoven show was great.

I don't really understand the purpose of the trunks. At first, I thought they might be used to hold props or be the focus of some sort of drill move or special effect but neither is the case. To my eye, the simply clutter up the field and don't add anything significant to the show.

The guard is struggling with the trunks as they portray a carnie trrop setting up their show -- they're supposed to be struggling (you'll see them move much more easily as hornline members move them at other times). If you watched just the trunks, you'd see many things (and people) pop in and out of them during the course of the show, plus they make an extra "platform" for the guard at times. Agreed it's hard to keep your eye on just one element as there's so much that's interesting going on.

The guard is struggling with the trunks as they portray a carnie trrop setting up their show -- they're supposed to be struggling (you'll see them move much more easily as hornline members move them at other times). If you watched just the trunks, you'd see many things (and people) pop in and out of them during the course of the show, plus they make an extra "platform" for the guard at times. Agreed it's hard to keep your eye on just one element as there's so much that's interesting going on.

I think this post hit it on the head. There is indeed much more going on and the guard as in years past is very good at getting into character. The point of the large wheels is so they can move them easily...its all a show baby!...and fun to watch!

Go Glassmen!!!

Saw them at the Louisville show. Show was very entertaining, but one of the male guard members tipped over a trunk on himself, spilling all the contents. He had to make a mad dash to get it all picked up and move the trunk to the correct position. He did a great job with this, but, I know he was freaking out inside. I also have issue with the balloons they send up. Although they are few in number (8 maybe?), in many places it is illegal to send up balloons in this manner due to environmental and animal safety regulations. Multiply 8 times the number of shows they do, and that's alot of balloons. I'm wondering why no one has ever contacted them about this? I'm not saying it isn't a cute addition, but..................

Saw them at the Louisville show. Show was very entertaining, but one of the male guard members tipped over a trunk on himself, spilling all the contents. He had to make a mad dash to get it all picked up and move the trunk to the correct position. He did a great job with this, but, I know he was freaking out inside. I also have issue with the balloons they send up. Although they are few in number (8 maybe?), in many places it is illegal to send up balloons in this manner due to environmental and animal safety regulations. Multiply 8 times the number of shows they do, and that's alot of balloons. I'm wondering why no one has ever contacted them about this? I'm not saying it isn't a cute addition, but..................

The baloons are a special biodegradable animal safe formula which will melt away when wet. These are commonly used for outdoor events where there are large releases of baloons like the Indy 500 or other sporting events etc. You dont think they would do anything to harm the environment?

Ride on Karneval!!!