2008 Cavaliers Poll

2008 Cavaliers Poll  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2008 Cavaliers good?

• Yes
    • No

Hey cmathis, I think someone wrote 'gullible' on the ceiling. Check it out...

He is not the only one that has said something that negative about the Cavaliers this year, and most everyone else has been serious....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cavsDhs6317 Posted Today, 09:01 PM

Music is easy...?

It's may not be runs and rips and crazy stuff but to play in tune and balance is hardest thing you can do in music..

and they are performing there music better than anyone else out there....

Yes they are great.. I hope they win and beat the other by 5 points or more..

they won't cause BD is good but, ya get my point

You think they should win, when other corps do have runs, rips, crazy stuff, and are playing in tune AND louder/more powerful? And I would definitely question if they were performing their music thats more like noises/sounds better than anyone else. Have you seen Phantom and BD this year? They are playing the hell out of their "music" AND its in tune and ballsier. I cant hum anything after this Cavies show. Heck it doesnt even sound Japanese most of the time.

Come on, be real and ask yourself, do you really put this show up there with years like 02, 03, and 04. I love the Cavies but this show is not a Championship show especially when the most of the other top corps have shows that people are eating up. They will need to make huge changes to take the title this year.

Anyway, thats it.

Heck it doesnt even sound Japanese most of the time.

That's the dumbest statement of the year. One of the most well known forms of Japanese music is the taiko drumming. Most of the other music is based on The Last Samurai. Would you really want to hear an entire show based on the minor pentatonic scale?

good should not be a question. yes the cavies are good. the question should be entertaining which i would say no. but an overall clean show.

Entertaining.... geeeze... what a theory.. !!!!

I wouldnt mind a corps that has ALL of the above qualities to win DCI every once in awhile..

:tongue:

I haven't seen the show, but voted "yes" anyway.

The Cavies have been "good" every year this decade and I don't see that changing this year. Whether or not their show is championship caliber is a question that will have to wait till August 9th.

There are quite a few corps out there that seem poised to make a run for that title.

A little off topic, but has anyone else noticed how early Cavaliers are going on Saturday night?? When was the last time they were in the first group performance slot? Not a big deal, but wierd to see..

Blue Knights

Blue Devils

Santa Clara Vanguard

Phantom Regiment

Intermission?

The Cavaliers

Madison Scouts

Troopers

Mandarins