New DCA Drumcorps in Phildelphia

Cambria Cadets and General Butler Vagabonds

Some other western PA Sr. corps..........Johnsonburg Diplomats,........Twin City Imperials,.....North East Shoreliners,......Westmoreland Esquires,.........Derry Partiots, .........Sharpsburg Cadets,..............Latrobe Colonials..........um,..........I'll get back to ya'

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former resident of Lansdale, Hatfield, North Wales, East Greenville, Chalfont, and Colmar, I always knew there was talent there for a drum corps! And many of us drove to be a part of Archie, Reilly, Bracken, Bux-Mont Raiders, Earls of Bucks, Leathernecks, etc. A corps in Montgomery County is long overdue and can draw on a huge pool of talent.

Good luck to whoever is running the show! (But like Tom said, please get your people out front.)

Edited by K2SMA

I'm certain they will need till the fall to start nailing down staff positions... but I still don't believe we have been told who the start up people are... maybe they don't believe me... I have no idea who they are or who the "Philadelphia Brass" poster is... pardon my ignorance.

I am sorry Tom,

I am not one to want to be in the forefront but if it is a history of my bio here goes.

My name is john Barry Hewes Jr, My history goes as follows

Holts Hornets D&B corps 1968 69

507 Hornets D&B corps 1969-74

Crossmen D&BCorps 1974-1978

Took some time off to be married to someone who had no desire of the activities till i woke up and realized that this is what was missing in my life and came back to it (of course divorcing her)

Reilly Raiders 2006 2008

Now seeing what is missing in this fine state of PA, i feel it is time to give back to Drum Corps what i received from it, it's not the fact that with Gas prices that there will be more and more "world class corps" dropping out or that there is just a hole in the state that needs to be filled. No, my belief is that we as Drum Corps members Past and present need to pass on our "gift". our knowledge of how it was done and how it's done now.

I belive that in DCA we all hold a special bond to the history of Drumcorps and an attachment to it's future.

My staff members to date are listed on the webpage all having a history in Drumcorps from different eras and i welcome anyone who would be willing to put forth the same passion as i feel for this art.

The Sounds of Philadelphia will be out of the Town of Lansdale, PA in the county of Montgomery.

If there is anything else you would like to know i would be more than happy to supply it to you.

John Barry Hewes

Nothing to apologize for John. Just like to know who the "players" are that we may be dealing with next year. I'm always available to answer any question you may have or just to let you bounce an idea off me...

It will be great to have more drum corps in Pennsylvania! Best wishes for success!!!

yes, but the Allentown Cadets are an active corps...........

That's (2) mentions about the Cadets Gary. Why is no one acknowledging them....? Mahaps they haven't met the one year residency requirements yet. Just sayin.....