Dallas, Tx

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer will be at Greenville HS in Greenville, TX, for whom it concerns. :D

Holy Cow! Can you house a corps any further away?? What is the deal with corps housing this year? It seemed like in Denver all the corps were in towns FAR from Denver. I think this is a huge disadvantage for Pio being so far and having to go on first (more than likely).

Holy Cow! Can you house a corps any further away?? What is the deal with corps housing this year? It seemed like in Denver all the corps were in towns FAR from Denver. I think this is a huge disadvantage for Pio being so far and having to go on first (more than likely).

... like it matters ...

I agree, but maybe that's all they could get. Then again, an hour of travel time for a show definitely sucks, because they still have to warmup, etc. That should take about... 2 hours or so out of their rehearsal time? :/ I wish I could make it to watch some rehearsal, but by the time I could even get there, they probably won't be there much longer, and I don't really want to drive an hour out of the way of the show site, just to drive another hour to go right back to it, :D

Oh well, maybe Sunday.

I agree, but maybe that's all they could get. Then again, an hour of travel time for a show definitely sucks, because they still have to warmup, etc. That should take about... 2 hours or so out of their rehearsal time? :/ I wish I could make it to watch some rehearsal, but by the time I could even get there, they probably won't be there much longer, and I don't really want to drive an hour out of the way of the show site, just to drive another hour to go right back to it, :D

Oh well, maybe Sunday.

With 50+ schools within a 30 minute drive of the show site, there's no reason Pioneer should be in Timbuktu. Argh. I'm hope there's some kind of circumstance that forces them to be out that far, but ####...that's a long way away. Add extra time for having to negotiate Dallas rush hour traffic. I know staff HATED being housed long distances away from the show site because of how much it cut into rehearsal time.

Oh well, anyone that is at the Dallas show...Look for me in a black Railmen t-shirt. I'm the guy going crazy when Pioneer hits the field.

For those of you at the show, encourage the folks around you to show some love for one of the last bastions of traditional corpsdom and get people on their feet for a little Gary Owen March.

Kekkle, go away. Please. We're not looking for snarky comments of no value.

Edited by CowboyTauinDallas

It seems like Pioneer has a bit of a larger fan base this year, or have I just not been paying attention before?

Yeah, everyone should get on their feet for some Gary Owen. Should be awesome tomorrow night. I'm going to try to get lot footage.

Go Pio.

Not going to estimate scores but:

1. Blue Devils - Concord, CA

2. Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

4. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

5. Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

6. Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

7. Blue Knights - Denver, CO

8. Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

9. Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Proceeded by a good show by:

Frontier - Denton, TX

I think you nailed it except Blue Knights need to be kicked back upstairs to 4th and everyone else down one place, and that's probably what MAY happen........