DCP is talkin' about the Blue Stars

In the 4 years that my son has marched Blue Stars, I've browsed DCP forums, reading reviews, threads on show nights, laughing at the debates, etc. I usually had to search far and wide for comments about the Blue Stars and many times what I read made me kind of mad (I'm a mom; it comes with the territory.) Last year, it was their 2 tone pants (so glad they got rid of 'em) and the year before that they were part of the narration debate.

Now this year, you guys are talking about the Blue Stars, in a very positive way!!!! Sometimes the praise is just effusive!!! It's amazing!!!!!!

Yeah, there are still a few detractors out there but I'm thrilled about the number of NEW Blue Stars fans we have this year.

So, as the mom of an age-out snare, I just want you all to know how excited I am that so many of you are enjoying their show this year.

I'm hopeful that you'll be seeing us on Saturday night in Bloomington!!!

FCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the 4 years that my son has marched Blue Stars, I've browsed DCP forums, reading reviews, threads on show nights, laughing at the debates, etc. I usually had to search far and wide for comments about the Blue Stars and many times what I read made me kind of mad (I'm a mom; it comes with the territory.) Last year, it was their 2 tone pants (so glad they got rid of 'em) and the year before that they were part of the narration debate.

Now this year, you guys are talking about the Blue Stars, in a very positive way!!!! Sometimes the praise is just effusive!!! It's amazing!!!!!!

Yeah, there are still a few detractors out there but I'm thrilled about the number of NEW Blue Stars fans we have this year.

So, as the mom of an age-out snare, I just want you all to know how excited I am that so many of you are enjoying their show this year.

I'm hopeful that you'll be seeing us on Saturday night in Bloomington!!!

FCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw their show at Milton on Thursday night. *Very* enjoyable show! Thanks to the kids and the Blue Stars team for all their hard work. Hope everyone has an enjoyable summer. Good luck Blue Stars!

I've always liked the Blue Stars from an historical perspective. Many people remember that the Kingsmen won the first DCI title back in 1972, but a lot of people forget or are too young to remember that the Blue Stars finished right behind them. :w00t:

I have two kids from my band marching Blue Stars this year, so I'm on the Bandwagon!!

I won't get to go to Allentown this year, unfortunately, but I will see them on the big screen for Quarterfinals!

JB

As somebody who has started a couple of threads about the Blue Stars this year, I'm glad to see people close to the corps are noticing the love on here.

Great program, and a very young looking corps, so I'll bet we're going to see great things from the Blue Stars for awhile.

I think they stink! :w00t:

Funny you should mention that...I received a few very descriptive text messages from tour last night about how the uniforms need washing!

(I was volunteering with the Blue Stars for the last month or so, and one of my "jobs" was washing the uniforms).