High Percussion for 2008 Goes to...Brass...Colorguard

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GUARDs as of then

Blue Stars have a much better guard show over Glassmen.

Yes the scores show this to be true right??????

Edited by Cop

Brass: Crown, hands down....Crown sounds as good if not better than Star ever did. Full balanced, well written book exemplifies the desired "DCI sound".

Percussion: Phantom...yes, Dev's is just as interesting and tasty and both are technically strong lines, but Phantom plays with more sensitivity and musicality...their GE goes further. (whomever said Cavies is out of their nugget...Cavies' line has been the worst in many years since Kuhn and his staff took off 3 years ago. They used to have a unique, identifiable, innovative percussion sound...now it's simply rehashed, status quo...and they dont even execute that well)

Guard: Blue Devils, of course...who else comes close?

Edited by Chat_Capone

(whomever said Cavies is out of their nugget...Cavies' line has been the worst in many years since Kuhn and his staff took off 3 years ago. They used to have a unique, identifiable, innovative percussion sound...now it's simply rehashed, status quo...and they dont even execute that well)

THANK YOU! The only way Cavies have a shot at the Sanford Trophy is if the battery gets food poisoning on finals day and they can only be judged on the quality of the Front Ensemble (which is consistently amazing!). Not meant to be a slight but their battery from a comp. and execution standpoint has a LOOOOOOOONG way to go to compete w/ PR/BD/Blooo/Cadets and Crown

Guard: BD (I'm way out of my depth on this cap. but as an observer BD's guard has wowed me numerous times this year)

Perc: either Bloooo, PR or BD (all depends on how they play at the big show, IMO they're all working on a higher plane right now)

Brass: Crown

Vis: Cavies

GE: Cavies

Music: Crown

Brass: probably Blue Devils

Drums: I'm a drum idiot, so I'm going to say I have no idea

Guard: BD, if not them The Cavaliers, anyone else really isn't in the discussion for the best, as good as Crown is and they are very very good, I think the overall difference in the level of visual composition between them and BD/Cavaliers will limited their ability to win the award

Edited by profhill