The Lafayette Lounge

I'm guessing they've probably cracked the crap out of them. Zildjian gongs aren't as thick as they used to be and I've heard of them cracking this summer from "extreme" use by the corps. I believe Glassmen were waiting on new ones when tour started. I would hope they would have gotten them by now.

Zildjians Gongs are made by Wuhan and shipped to the US, Same for Sabian. I was told Gmens gongs are on the boat on the way. probably by San Antonio when the Rep mets with them, they will get them. but in the famous words of Dynasty.... "you will have them by Finals week"

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I gotta take back all of the "pit kids are wusses" jokes I've been making at Matt since he started marching.

Naaah.

Ive got to say, he has cleaned up and beefed up since his days with me at KK. Not to mention he is a great timp player.

Wow. I gotta take back all of the "pit kids are wusses" jokes I've been making at Matt since he started marching.

Naaah.

Be nice! :ph34r: My daughter marched battery all four years of high school, and she's in the Blue Stars "pit" now. She'll admit it's not as physically demanding (except when they have to lift a marimba over a fence). But, she "loves" it and works her butt off!

Edited by jammerholly

Be nice! :ph34r: My daughter marched battery all four years of high school, and she's in the Blue Stars "pit" now. She'll admit it's not as physically demanding (except when they have to lift a marimba over a fence). But, she "loves" it!

Mostly I'm just picking on just picking on my baby bro.

And unsuccesfully supressing memories of the front line coming back with Squishies and going to practice in the schol library. On the hotest day of the summer. :o)

He can kick my tail.

Well when he comes back to LSM I'LL remind him he's no longer the "old experienced vet" he thinks he is now that he's aging out this year. He's paid his "junior" dues but now he has to earn his "senior stripes"!

OK - I'll jump in......

GO CROWN!!!! :ph34r:

:smile::ph34r::smile: :smile: :smile:

Right there with you on that one!