Blue Saints?

I remember a few years back there was a Div III corps called the Blue Saints, that if I recall was extremely small but toured and even went to the Div II/III Championships every year. They reminded me of the 'Pioneer' of Div III as they always had the lowest score. (Pioneer fans...please don't take offense).

They are not fielding a corps this year as far as I can see...anyone know what happened to them?

I guess whatever happened to the Blue Saints is what happened to nearly all of the Canadian junior corps the last five years.

The last year the Saints were active was 2006. They had a history of going inactive for periods of time.

Maybe they'll be back again.

I love the corps we do have from Canada. I am really sad about hype not coming out this year.

I love the corps we do have from Canada. I am really sad about hype not coming out this year.

As far as I know, it's just Stentor in Quebec and Dutch Boy in Ontario for DCI, and Grennies are back for DCA. Three competing corps in the whole country. :blink: There used to be three here in Guelph alone....

Grennies and Stentor coming back this year is great news though. Let's hope it's the first wave of a Canadian resurgence. canada-flag-14.gif

Edited by kusankusho

the Blue 'Aints (from a former staff member) are done...last year they were going to do the Traverse City, MI show to keep them afloat in DCI but that would up not happening. if i remember correctly it had something to do with the director blowing the last of the cash, but i could be mistaken

Too bad.... they've been around since I marched in the late 60's/ eary 70's. They always made a good effort to put a corps on the field.

If it's a done deal (and that's a sad thing anytime it happens) what is happening with the equipment and uniforms?

As far as I know, it's just Stentor in Quebec and Dutch Boy in Ontario for DCI, and Grennies are back for DCA. Three competing corps in the whole country. :grouphug: There used to be three here in Guelph alone....

Grennies and Stentor coming back this year is great news though. Let's hope it's the first wave of a Canadian resurgence. canada-flag-14.gif

what is a "Stentor"?

Edited by Gary Matczak

what is a "Stentor"?

From Wikipedia:

In Greek mythology, Stentor (Στεντωρ) was a Herald of the Greek forces during the Trojan War. His name has given rise to the adjective "stentorian", meaning loud-voiced, for which he was famous. Homer said his "voice was as powerful as fifty voices of other men". He died after his defeat by Hermes in a shouting contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stentor

Seems kind of appropriate for drum corps.