Staff swap...

I've always thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if two corps were to swap staffs for a year. Oh, I don't mean everyone...not the rank and file staff members like techs and such, but the design staff.

What would happen if Blue Devils and Cadets were to swap design staff for one season?

What would happen if Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment were to swap design staff for one season?

What would happen if Crown and SCV were to swap design staff for one season?

Phantom and Madison swapped guard members a few years ago, this is only the next logical step. Heck, DCI could make a reality series out of it. :tongue:

By the way, has anyone ever come up with a script treatment for a drum corps-based reality TV show? The logistics behind it would be mind-boggling.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think all hell would break loose seeing as how the BD show would have ALOT of talking...not just yowhza...

and phantom...it would be funny to see them not play that much and do alot of visuals that they don't normally do.

But hey SCV might be clean for once. (don't get me wrong i love SCV, but dirt in the drill is just what i expect from them because i've never really seen otherwise)

I really think that Phantom should go get Aaron Guidry (Crossmen's composer/arranger). He could really use Phantom's tradition and do really interesting things with the music they choose to play.

Please no! Sorry, I just haven't liked any of Aaron's work for the Crossmen. It all seems over arranged.

Another "Reality" show i thought about was to see which corps is REALLY the best. "How can this be achieved?" You ask?

Very easily!

Take a random design staff... Maybe some of the "Giants" from each of the top 5 past or present

Wayne Downy-Brass ARranger

Paul Rennick-Percussion Arranger

etc... etc..

Have them design one show.

Select one seasons top say 3 corps, and give them all the EXACT same show which must be done EXACTLY as written.

Note for note, step for step toss for toss, and so on.

Even have them all wear the same uniform.

the judges will be THE DESIGNERS.

The visual judge will judge all of the corps, in the same uniform from up top without knowing who it is

same for perc, and brass and so on.

Then and only then can we see which corps is the best without judging which Show is better etc.

What do you guys think?

Tony

Another "Reality" show i thought about was to see which corps is REALLY the best. "How can this be achieved?" You ask?

Very easily!

Take a random design staff... Maybe some of the "Giants" from each of the top 5 past or present

Wayne Downy-Brass ARranger

Paul Rennick-Percussion Arranger

etc... etc..

Have them design one show.

Select one seasons top say 3 corps, and give them all the EXACT same show which must be done EXACTLY as written.

Note for note, step for step toss for toss, and so on.

Even have them all wear the same uniform.

the judges will be THE DESIGNERS.

The visual judge will judge all of the corps, in the same uniform from up top without knowing who it is

same for perc, and brass and so on.

Then and only then can we see which corps is the best without judging which Show is better etc.

What do you guys think?

Tony

You could tell once they marched on the field which corps it is...Either by marching technique or equipment..

Please no! Sorry, I just haven't liked any of Aaron's work for the Crossmen. It all seems over arranged.

:tongue:

I really haven't liked Crossmen either, but I have really liked some of his work he's done for band. Most notably Ronald Reagon and Broken Arrow. My main problem with Crossmen is a performance level issue and not a design issue.