2008 Predictions

No I haven't, and I couldn't care less.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. When I said "you" I was referring to anyone, not you in particular.
And yeah I think spread between scores does matter, since this is a competition. The only time I believe the judges do ranking instead of scoring is at prelims (just my opinion here).
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one..
You really think 2 points is a small spread to have for finals first place? I think anything above 1.5 is a pretty big margin.
Last years spread was actually below 2 points, and yes, I did consider that to be small...or perhaps mercifull would be the more accurate description...
Anyway, I really wish the Hurricanes to do good cause they have a great show! And I really wish the Brigs will make top 5 again, the competition is tough this year!
I wish the best of luck to everyone.. Edited by VOReason

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't, and I couldn't care less. I was asking why HE chose to put scores with that much spread with his prediction. It's just a question, I am a curious person, what can I say. :tongue:

Big spreads rarely happened in the past and is very unlikely comes DCA weekend, but hey, anything can happen. And yeah I think spread between scores does matter, since this is a competition. The only time I believe the judges do ranking instead of scoring is at prelims (just my opinion here).

You really think 2 points is a small spread to have for finals first place? I think anything above 1.5 is a pretty big margin.

Anyway, I really wish the Hurricanes to do good cause they have a great show!

And I really wish the Brigs will make top 5 again, the competition is tough this year!

I and the Hurricanes thank everyone for their compliments. We are working very hard!!! I wish luck to everyone out there. We can not wait for Mass.

No I haven't, and I couldn't care less. I was asking why HE chose to put scores with that much spread with his prediction. It's just a question, I am a curious person, what can I say. :tongue:

Big spreads rarely happened in the past and is very unlikely comes DCA weekend, but hey, anything can happen. And yeah I think spread between scores does matter, since this is a competition. The only time I believe the judges do ranking instead of scoring is at prelims (just my opinion here).

Anyway, I really wish the Hurricanes to do good cause they have a great show!

And I really wish the Brigs will make top 5 again, the competition is tough this year!

Honestly, I just think that the Buccs technique program and product far surpass the rest of the pack, with the exception of their guard (to me they are just OK, nothing really special although good). No matter how hard the other corps "push it" they have a lot to catch up with, but at the same time I am sure Buccs will be "pushing it" too. I think the Green team is out for blood this year, especially their guard after getting the shaft last year (again, just MY opinion so calm down everyone). Cabs have a great show this year, but the guard is really holding back the visual package.

I wouldn't be surprised if MBI was 6th and Ren was a very close 7th...

This is just based on what I've seen and/or heard so far this season:

1.) Bucs

2.) Cabs

3.) Hurcs

4.) MBI

5.) Empire

6.) Renegades

7.) Brigs

8.) Bush

9.) Cru

10.) CorpsVets

11.) Music City Legend

12.) Kilties

1.) SoCal Dream

2.) Govies

3.) Chops, Inc.

4.) Gulf Coast Sound

5.) Fusion

6.) Grenadiers

7.) Alliance

8.) Carolina Gold

9.) Sun Devils

10.) WhiteSabers

11.) Lakeshoremen

12.) Shenandoah Sound

13.) Frontier

This is just based on what I've seen and/or heard so far this season:

1.) Bucs

2.) Cabs

3.) Hurcs

4.) MBI

5.) Empire

6.) Renegades

7.) Brigs

8.) Bush

9.) Cru

10.) CorpsVets

11.) Music City Legend

12.) Kilties

1.) SoCal Dream

2.) Govies

3.) Chops, Inc.

4.) Gulf Coast Sound

5.) Fusion

6.) Grenadiers

7.) Alliance

8.) Carolina Gold

9.) Sun Devils

10.) WhiteSabers

11.) Lakeshoremen

12.) Shenandoah Sound

13.) Frontier

Wait a minute!

You're Chieftain Alumnus?

You guys got hosed in '93

You know Sayre you put Empire in 5th and I just had to go back and look at some stats ( yeah slow day at work ) The last time Empire ranked lower than 4th, seasons included, was in August 1989. (unless the corpsreps database is wrong). Pretty freaking amazing!

Not that it means anything for this season, but I thought it was worth mentionning :laughing:

I know, but the only reason for that is because I have this suspicion that MBI is going to come East and do some damage. I could be way off too. Actually, I think Empire's show is pretty sweet. But with that dark horse wild card out of Minnesota (not to mention, the West coast EVIL), who really knows? I guess that's the fun of taking a guess!

You know Sayre you put Empire in 5th and I just had to go back and look at some stats ( yeah slow day at work ) The last time Empire ranked lower than 4th, seasons included, was in August 1989. (unless the corpsreps database is wrong). Pretty freaking amazing!

Not that it means anything for this season, but I thought it was worth mentionning :laughing:

no doubt! that's 18 years.............and the corps is only 25 years old! :doh:

That's a pretty interesting statistic, now that you mention it. I was always fascinated by the Bushwackers. In the entire history of the corps, they've never finished outside the Top 10!

no doubt! that's 18 years.............and the corps is only 25 years old! :laughing:

'89 we were 4th and I think in 2000 or 2001 the corps was 4th (or 5th). But the average placement since '90 is Top 3.

That's why some of us Alums get touchy with people predicting Empire 4th or 5th when they're actually this close to 2nd. Which in DCA terms equals one rehearsal in a Domed facility while the other corps are rained out. Or one new consultant. Or three major guard fixes, etc.