2008 Predictions

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my thoughts... Again, just my opinion so don't jump down my throat about it! I will give you my top 5 overall and my top 5 for guard (since it is such a hot topic).

OVERALL:

1st: Buccaneers 98.500

2nd: Hurricanes 95.255

3rd: Caballeros 94.750

4th: Empire Statesmen 93.325

5th: Brigadiers 93.025

GUARD:

1st: Hurricanes 199

2nd: Buccaneers 194

3rd: Bushwackers 189

4th: Brigadiers 188

5th: Caballeros 187

Here are my thoughts... Again, just my opinion so don't jump down my throat about it! I will give you my top 5 overall and my top 5 for guard (since it is such a hot topic).

OVERALL:

1st: Buccaneers 98.500

2nd: Hurricanes 95.255

3rd: Caballeros 94.750

4th: Empire Statesmen 93.325

5th: Brigadiers 93.025

Yeah, I could see that happen, but I am just curious to know why you put 3.25 point between the 1st and 2nd place? A spread like that never really happens at finals, unless the 2nd place corps decides to troop the stands at finals... heh :tongue:

General info from archives: the spread between 1st and 2nd place only went above 3 pts 3 times at Finals. In 2005, 1976 and 1973.

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

IcedVentiChai,

Thanks for your predictions! I find them interesting, and appreciate your sharing.

I would like to know how you view places 6-10. My instinct tells me, one of either Renegades or Minnesota Brass WILL come in and make a serious run for a top five placement. Too bad neither can compete regularly against the top five you suggest. It's a disadvantage for them, a handicap going in, I think.

Anyone else agree?

but I am just curious to know why you put 3.25 point between the 1st and 2nd place? A spread like that never really happens at finals..

General info from archives: the spread between 1st and 2nd place only went above 3 pts twice at Finals. In 2005 and 1976.

Would it really matter even if the point spread were .75? Since the demise of the tic system, seems as though the primary concern with judging is ranking. Last year for instance, at the DCA championships, I believe the spread to be just shy of 2 points, however the Bucs swept or tied in every caption/subcaption, except (again) for guard. So even though the spread was small, the actual victory was much more inpressive than the score indicated. This is exactly what is happening so far this year. Which is why the very few predictions that are DARE being made on the '08 Prediction thread are all predicting the Bucs to win. It was mentioned by an earlier poster that one of the reasons that these prediction threads are so meaningless is because there are always those who will predict their own corps as the champion. I haven't seen that yet....have you?

How many have actually witnessed the Hurricane's color guard. They blow me away. They are incredible.

I have, and they're great...but wait until Bush's guard starts spinning with their RIGHT hand - they've been spinning lefty all year! MUAHAHAHAAAA!

Nah, there's a great bunch of guards out there this season. It's a toss-up.

And thanks Mike! Long time no see! See ya out there!

...but wait until Bush's guard starts spinning with their RIGHT hand - they've been spinning lefty all year! MUAHAHAHAAAA!

Good one Chris!

montoya.jpg

:tongue:

DISCLAIMER: It's a movie reference for those who may be scratching heads... :smile:

You can never be too careful these days, ya never know when someone will take a dive off the deep end.

Edited by Jeff Zehner

Would it really matter even if the point spread were .75? Since the demise of the tic system, seems as though the primary concern with judging is ranking. Last year for instance, at the DCA championships, I believe the spread to be just shy of 2 points, however the Bucs swept or tied in every caption/subcaption, except (again) for guard. So even though the spread was small, the actual victory was much more inpressive than the score indicated. This is exactly what is happening so far this year. Which is why the very few predictions that are DARE being made on the '08 Prediction thread are all predicting the Bucs to win. It was mentioned by an earlier poster that one of the reasons that these prediction threads are so meaningless is because there are always those who will predict their own corps as the champion. I haven't seen that yet....have you?

No I haven't, and I couldn't care less. I was asking why HE chose to put scores with that much spread with his prediction. It's just a question, I am a curious person, what can I say. :tongue:

Big spreads rarely happened in the past and is very unlikely comes DCA weekend, but hey, anything can happen. And yeah I think spread between scores does matter, since this is a competition. The only time I believe the judges do ranking instead of scoring is at prelims (just my opinion here).

You really think 2 points is a small spread to have for finals first place? I think anything above 1.5 is a pretty big margin.

Anyway, I really wish the Hurricanes to do good cause they have a great show!

And I really wish the Brigs will make top 5 again, the competition is tough this year!

DISCLAIMER: It's a movie reference for those who may be scratching heads... :tongue:

You can never be too careful these days, ya never know when someone will take a dive off the deep end.

:smile:

i'd hope everyone would recognize that reference!

i'd hope everyone would recognize that reference!

I hear ya. We just saw the movie a few weeks ago.... again. For something like the 20th time... LOL

Have fun storming the castle this weekend, everyone! :tongue:

Fran