Why is it that when Crown beats Cadets they are a contender..

Just curious. When Crown beat the Cadets they were suddenly named a top 3 or possible world champion corps. But since the Cadets regained the position I see few people listing them as possible or probable contenders for a championship.

One's my alma mater and the other is my home state corps so I love to see them both do well. Just curious about the DCPers perspective.

Yea, good point. I think Cadets could be back in the hunt for the title, though we'll know a lot more after tomorrow night and there's still time for plenty of drama. It ain't over 'til it's over, which is why I don't like to make vast sweeping projections in general. Mid-season to finals is an interesting time because some people peak and some people surge, leading so some major shakeups. I experienced this firsthand my rookie year; we (Cap Reg) beat Seattle by 2.5 points in SA, then proceeded to get whooped by them all up the East coast. We were down by almost 2.5 points, then pulled to .1 behind at Allentown, then .1 ahead in Hershey, and almost 2.5 ahead again at Indy and never looked back. All of this--over then under and back-- happened between July 10 and Semis on Aug. 6. Like I said, anything can happen.

Yea, good point. I think Cadets could be back in the hunt for the title, though we'll know a lot more after tomorrow night and there's still time for plenty of drama. It ain't over 'til it's over, which is why I don't like to make vast sweeping projections in general. Mid-season to finals is an interesting time because some people peak and some people surge, leading so some major shakeups. I experienced this firsthand my rookie year; we (Cap Reg) beat Seattle by 2.5 points in SA, then proceeded to get whooped by them all up the East coast. We were down by almost 2.5 points, then pulled to .1 behind at Allentown, then .1 ahead in Hershey, and almost 2.5 ahead again at Indy and never looked back. All of this--over then under and back-- happened between July 10 and Semis on Aug. 6. Like I said, anything can happen.

well put / there's a ton of time left for all the corps...

I think tomorrow "may" answer some questions but Cadets in particular have a tough performance slot - going on right after intermission and earlier than the other top corps... might see which group they fall in (first tier or second) but I don't think will really know which 3 corps will head into Indy in the "top 3" until Allentown this season - it's a short one!!

Just curious. When Crown beat the Cadets they were suddenly named a top 3 or possible world champion corps. But since the Cadets regained the position I see few people listing them as possible or probable contenders for a championship.

One's my alma mater and the other is my home state corps so I love to see them both do well. Just curious about the DCPers perspective.

I would say, Crown winning and being up their is on many people's wish lists. Fans and foes alike, I would say most people just want something NEW up there in the top 3!

At the point when Crown passed the Cadets, I felt like it was a sign that they were gaining momentum and being rewarded for it. Crown up, Cadets down. Now that we have some more info, it seems at the moment that it was a momentary reward followed by a steady streak of "nevermind"! Just kidding!

Why aren't the Cadets being predicted as winning? I personally would rather see others win, and I can at least speak for myself on that one.

And aren't Cadets going to be happy either way, win or lose? It's like the point of their whole show. Give it to somebody who needs it and doesn't already have countless other championships to fall back on regardless!

Other than that- Once you reach over 1000 posts on DCP I hear you get special secret priviledges that give out access Finals recaps a month before it happens. This is the only other logical conclusion. That or....

West Coast inflation combined with El Nino and Splooie the scape goat.

I think it is endearing that the popularity of Crown among DCP community and fans is largely due to their "populist" music celebration. While I did enjoy Crown's show far more than that of the Cadets this year. I think it is in no way that Crown would take a medal this season.

I think we need to all underscore that popularity of a show is not a major factor in scoring.

ps: this post is written based on the judging system that is in place

The Cadets are always in title contention, with only a few exceptions. Throughout this year, BD, Cavies, and the Cadets have been the three best most consistently. Big surprise.

It is like the competition last year where the Coats knocked off BD in Centerville. If BD had won, there wouldn't have been any more "BD for title" threads than there already were. Bluecoats winning gave hope for something new and undiscussed.