The Official INT Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disgusted that they never show INT at the Quarterfinals telecast. Always on the program, but then we get some swirly graphic and lounge music. What's up with that, Achenson?

:unsure:

They never get any credit either for the length of their show. Most Corps go 11 minutes.

They go 15-20 minutes. Sometimes a half hour

Sometimes longer.

Sometimes MUCH longer. ( and yet people still get up and leave.... or talk in their seats.... very rude if you ask me)

Edited by BRASSO

The best part about INT is the encore right before scores, but the crowd never appreciates it, all they want are their scores...

the 2009 show theme is supposed to be about something revolving around invisible ink or something like that. Lots of color in the show..... comes and goes...... now you think you see it..... then you don't.

No Narration either in the INT 2009 show. That should please the purists on that front.

I heard they were planning on using Buddy Rich's version of "Being Green" as their ballard but they are having problems with the different shades of green so that they can do a countermelody of "Me and My Shadow" under one section of Being Green .

However, I heard that as always, they WILL indeed use mics and amps to involve the people in the stands by asking people to applaude if they marched corps etc. and as always, they will thank the band directors..............

Rumor has it that they are considering using the old Blue Stars 70 / 71 / 72 ? arrangement of " If My Friends Could See Me Now" as the opener.

( and just how many people remember hearing:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the corps of the 70's......................The BLUE STARS"

- heck I still have an old Fleetwood album with that intro)

I always go to the bathroom during INT. I just can't imagine sitting there looking out at what I consider to be an empty field. Yes, I said it. Watching INT is like looking at an empty field with nothing going on. INT has so little stage presence, it's no wonder the field liners sometimes go out there to redo the hash marks during INT. And do you ever hear anyone complain about those employees interrupting the proceedings? NO! Why? Because INT has not reached out to the fans to make itself felt.

I've been instructed by my superiors to not write about INT. I know that might send a few of you INTies off the edge. Well, I've got this to say to you. Tell INT that John Cage's 4'33" is ONLY 4'33" long. It's not 15 or 30 minutes. And get some better programming. I never watch INT because I know from show to show what INT will be like.

Frankly, I'd rather sit on a porcupine. At least I'd feel something.

I've been instructed by my superiors to not write about INT. I know that might send a few of you INTies off the edge. Well, I've got this to say to you. Tell INT that John Cage's 4'33" is ONLY 4'33" long. It's not 15 or 30 minutes. And get some better programming. I never watch INT because I know from show to show what INT will be like.

Just wait 'til they add the big jumbotron prop on the fifty. They'll add more surprises!

What really made me mad was this year's show in Columbia, SC that was postponed due to lightning. As soon as the Colts came off the field and lightning was striking all around the stadium, they said it was time for INT. To put them on in the middle of an electrical storm was very irresponsible. And of course the so-called fans had their same typical reaction..... they got up and left. Leaving my wife and I virtually alone in the stands to watch.

Look, folks, INT doesn't care whether you support INT or not. Need proof? Ever see an INT souvie sales table/tent/truck anywhere? ANYWHERE?

I didn't think so.

Think about that.

How is it that INT always finishes in the middle of the pack at regionals but never qualify for finals? Something's not right there.

It's that whole slotting conspiracy thing-INT can't cut a break b/c of the big boys that are on after them.

(btw, this thread is hilarious!)