Gold

The following happen from one show to the next. I know it's 1 week between shows but 8.25 points?!!?? Could the amount Judges on the field affect the score that much?

July 20th - 71.850

July 13th - 63.600

That's a heck of week of cleaning or watering down.

The following happen from one show to the next. I know it's 1 week between shows but 8.25 points?!!?? Could the amount Judges on the field affect the score that much?

July 20th - 71.850

July 13th - 63.600

This is Gold's 4th year out...I'd guess the memebers and instructors have finally started to link up the skill sets to make a better corps....I don't remember them watering very much, and they HAVE been improving.

I haven't seen them THIS year, but LAST year I did, and I remember they started slow, and by the time they got to Pasadena they REALLY improved a lot. They may just be repeating last year's road map. I don't know.

I haven't seen them THIS year, but LAST year I did, and I remember they started slow, and by the time they got to Pasadena they REALLY improved a lot. They may just be repeating last year's road map. I don't know.

They DID seem to peak at the right time....they had a very nice brass sound at nats....not so much earlier in the season.

Sure sounds like they're learning to pace themselves well....

What a great way to end the season too!

The corps seems to always get off to a slow start with lots of early season performance jitters. As far as field scores, they were right around the same numbers as the ones from up top. The only one that was drastically different was a color guard score of 16.7

The show just finally clicked

It's a bummer that they are not going to Open Class Nat's. They would have easily made finals at this pace. Probably top 6.

Just a little tag to this. Impulse and Mystikal also saw the same kind of improvements.

And on the other coast, groups like Teal Sound went up a little over 7 points in the same time frame.

In World Class, scores are going up 4-7 points per week.

I think it all comes down to the fact that Open class corps tend to go out with a less-polished show, so the improvements seen are far greater than the World Class corps that spend all summer tweaking and fine tuning.

July 20th - 71.850

July 13th - 63.600

It was a whole lotta loveing!!!!!!!... :laughing:

Gold Would like to wish a special thank you to all the friends,fans,family and its members and staff for a great seson to remember...And we wish the best of luck to all the drum corps representing the southern california area..Velvet Knights,yamato,impulse and Pacfic Crest!. :tongue:

Gold Would like to wish a special thank you to all the friends,fans,family and its members and staff for a great seson to remember...And we wish the best of luck to all the drum corps representing the southern california area..Velvet Knights,yamato,impulse and Pacfic Crest!. :tongue:

Aw, heck. Why stop there?

GO WEST COAST OPEN CLASS CORPS!

Velvet Knights

Impulse

Yamato

Spokane Thunder (OK, not on the coast, but close enough!)

Oregon Crusaders

Vanguard Cadets

Blue Devils B

I'd love to see these guys, in their United state of mind, figure out how to do a cooperative tour so Mystikal, Gold and Incognito could go, too. Block schedule at Open Class shows, arrange cooperative housing, cooperative food operations (SYSCO?). Let those with less experience touring partner up with more experienced corps (Mystikal with SCVC, Gold with BDB, Yamato with OC, VK with Incognito, Impulse with Thunder, etc.) Everyday have a run-through for the other corps (with the other corps' staff acting as judges) to improve performance.

No, I'm not bucking for a job as Open Class coordinator for DCI-Pacific! This is just the kind of crap I think about!

Garry in Vegas