Did I hear correctly, no more cancer for Cadets?

If the C word has actually been removed from the show, can we please all agree to stop talking about it? I would like to resume my normal care free drum corps enjoyment. Many of us have had personal experiences with it. Let's just all take some vitamins, eat some fiber, and leave the talk about DRUM CORPS.

i could not have said it better

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that some of the biggest "mouths" in this thread are honks for another corps that has a show theme named after an amphibian and is about as ambiguous a theme in and of itself and how it is designed as can be.

Well you have just leveled the playing field TX.. :unsure:

Edited by BigSnareline

How are you getting religion out of their show?

Because many people don't like being "preached " to.

I didn't see the religion aspect except for it sounding like being preached to. I see and understand her point but to me the "tone" is more like a really cheap PC childrens series that didn't make it on PBS so they send it out to schools for free.

( yes, I get that sorta crap every year and throw it away )

-The Cadets actually have a really good show buried under the narration and the god-awful set it is performed on. All this show really needs is a couple rounds of chemo and some radiation and it would be just fine.

I don't hate any corps. I just find it funny and ironic that some of you would be in here being so critical of another corps' design, and as you said, talking about how poorly the concept is being presented in the design.

HA! Pretty funny that you edited out the "get over yourself" comment from your original post. I was having trouble holding back a nasty response to that...

I like the parts of the show that exclude the narration just fine... the Cadets have great drill and execution, and it's a shame that it's covered up by so much narration. The point here is that the narration is not necessary to carry out the intended message, it was a choice, and one that many clearly don't agree with. Apparently the show designers agree that the original design isn't working as well as planned either, since they've shortened the narration and removed the references to cancer.

HA! Pretty funny that you edited out the "get over yourself" comment from your original post. I was having trouble holding back a nasty response to that...

I like the parts of the show that exclude the narration just fine... the Cadets have great drill and execution, and it's a shame that it's covered up by so much narration. The point here is that the narration is not necessary to carry out the intended message, it was a choice, and one that many clearly don't agree with. Apparently the show designers agree that the original design isn't working as well as planned either, since they've shortened the narration and removed the references to cancer.

Yeah, in rereading that it was harsh and not my intent, so I edited. It happens.

Actually, I think given the show concept, the narration is needed, not that I am a big fan of their use of it. In the end though, they have taken a show theme and have gone all out with it. IMO, it is silly to criticize when your own corps plays latin music (which is fine. . .its their niche) puts some silly theme name on it and does little to nothing (that I can see) to develop the theme.

Let's look on the bright side. At least Sarah Jones isn't talking about band camp and her cancer (apparently) is in remission...although I heard a nasty rumor she has herpes.

Yeah, in rereading that it was harsh and not my intent, so I edited. It happens.

Actually, I think given the show concept, the narration is needed, not that I am a big fan of their use of it. In the end though, they have taken a show theme and have gone all out with it. IMO, it is silly to criticize when your own corps plays latin music (which is fine. . .its their niche) puts some silly theme name on it and does little to nothing (that I can see) to develop the theme.

Always entertaining TX - Act nice for a moment then BANG - slam the Scouts. Well done........ I guess. :unsure:

Always entertaining TX - Act nice for a moment then BANG - slam the Scouts. Well done........ I guess. :unsure:

Like everyone says about the cadets, its not about the corp or anyone in it just the show designers :p

Well, I am waaaaaaay behind in that department coming from your camp. So you can keep your thumbs down. Is anything I said untrue?