Did I hear correctly, no more cancer for Cadets?

I'm glad this thread is allowed to continue, but not my discussion thread.

Gotta love DCP.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, TX or LA, or whatever...

The Night of the Iguana was a play and later a movie based in South America, where a fallen priest turned tour guide takes a group of female tourists past Mayan ruins and such, while an iguana is always shown as "silently watching" all the antics and misadventures of this group. The iguana appears quite often throughout the movie, and no, it doesn't jump out and bite people.

While the Scouts show isn't based entirely on this play/movie, it does draw from some of its elements. The Mayan temple is a primary image in the opener and closer, and other Mayan symbols are represented as well. The show takes a look at South American (Mexican) culture from the days of the Mayan culture to the Industrial Age, which is clear in the music presentation. Instead of the iguana watching the priest and his relationships evolving as in the movie, it's watching the Mexican culture progress through time.

So, while the connection to the show title is not clear to all who see the show, it's there nonetheless.

Would it make more sense if a giant iguana (godzilla) jumped up and ate the drum major in the end? Or maybe they need a narrator to explain...

Or maybe they could just say, hey, we're doing latin again this year. Seems a lot more simple than as I said before, slapping a theme on it which is not explored much.

From your point of view? Probably not. Keep on hating TX. It does make things interesting.

So, are you here in this thread to compliment The Cadets? If not, it's pretty stupid for you to be criticizing me for some fairly valid points on the Scouts that I am not alone on.

Internet_argument.jpg

Wow thank you for that incredibly necessary post.

I'm glad this thread is allowed to continue, but not my discussion thread.

Gotta love DCP.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't see much healthy discussion here on The Cadets. Maybe one of the mods could close it also since that Madison thread seemed so threatening and had to be closed.

thank you, you have a very nice drum corps.

the cadets are thoroughly unconcerned with anything you say or believe. cool, huh?

Bravo!!! You are exactly right!! (and btw, how do you know that particular phrase?)

...and it IS way cool!!!