Greg Orwoll

I think overall Greg is a nice guy. I have however heard MANY negative things about him after the 2000 season, when Colts didn't make finals. I have heard that his speech after semis was less than nice, and he basically called the kids a bunch of losers.

I am guessing these were heat of the moment comments, but I do know several sets of parents who were extremely upset by this, and I don't think these were necessary comments either.

But I think the last few years, Greg has done an awesome job, and with all the extra stressful issues that have occured in the last year, I think Greg handled them all extremely well.

I think overall Greg is a nice guy. I have however heard MANY negative things about him after the 2000 season, when Colts didn't make finals. I have heard that his speech after semis was less than nice, and he basically called the kids a bunch of losers.

I am guessing these were heat of the moment comments, but I do know several sets of parents who were extremely upset by this, and I don't think these were necessary comments either.

But I think the last few years, Greg has done an awesome job, and with all the extra stressful issues that have occured in the last year, I think Greg handled them all extremely well.

OK, so one time in the last 20 years a guy loses it. I think I am sticking with my assertions. Maybe, just maybe that group had a lot of people who needed a good butt kicking. Just maybe.......

Seems like you just cantgetenoughofbeingnegative. Have you ever met Greg ? Or do you just like to stir things up?

Greg Orwol just plain rocks. He was the biggest reason my son had such a hard time moving on to the Cavaliers. If the Cavaliers hadn't been his dream for nearly all his marching life, he would have stayed right there with the Colts. When the Colts lost a member last November to a car accident and another was seriously injured, Greg was right there helping in any way he could, and probably still is. The pep talks he gave those kids spanned not only marching but everyday life. My son stills mentions "Greg says......." when he talks about his life plans and even things like investing money. I just can't say enough good things about Greg.

I sent out letters expressing concern over the last set of rule changes to DCI and all of the World class directors. Mr. Orwol was the only one to reply, and his email was professional and very candid. I have nothing but respect for the man.

Greg Orwol just plain rocks. He was the biggest reason my son had such a hard time moving on to the Cavaliers. If the Cavaliers hadn't been his dream for nearly all his marching life, he would have stayed right there with the Colts. When the Colts lost a member last November to a car accident and another was seriously injured, Greg was right there helping in any way he could, and probably still is. The pep talks he gave those kids spanned not only marching but everyday life. My son stills mentions "Greg says......." when he talks about his life plans and even things like investing money. I just can't say enough good things about Greg.

Exactly. He is so awesome with the kids and parents. Drum Corps is always about the kids with Greg.

I owe so much to him, for giving me the chance to march with a world class organization...and I don't mean it in the literal sense. So many things about the Colts stand out from other corps. Much of that has to do with Greg Orwoll and what he has done in his tenure as executive director. They are so very lucky to have someone like him steering the ship and I hope he continues in that capacity for many many more years.

Greg is not only a great drum corps director, but also an incredibly good human being. My sister is an alumna of the Colts, and she credits her tremendous drum corps experience primarily to Greg and the staff he assembled at Colts (especially Chuck Naffier and Jeff Bridges) when she marched.

On a personal level, Greg was also gracious to me when I was editor of Drum Corps World and, on more than one occasion, has lent an ear to me now that I'm assisting the Scouts. I think the world of him, and am thankful for his involvement in this activity.

Steve Powers

I don't know of many Corps directors who haven't given their kids a verbal tongue lashing every now and then. We had a director one time who would do that every once in awhile (for good reason) and some of the parents thought he was being too harsh. Want the kicker? The kids all loved him! I've never had the honor of meeting the guy, but I've never heard anyone who knew/knows him say a bad word about him. Good luck Colts! :tongue: