Boston Crusaders

LOL----No, but as recently as 2001 when they had bingo in Cambridge, whenever "I27" was announced, all the kids and staff working the hall would turn and salute the bingo caller!!!!!!

TRUE!!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL----No, but as recently as 2001 when they had bingo in Cambridge, whenever "I27" was announced, all the kids and staff working the hall would turn and salute the bingo caller!!!!!!

TRUE!!!! :thumbup:

That's cool. I wonder if they knew WHY they were doing it, or if it was another of those great BAC traditions. I also heard that the stadium for the Bridgeport show was exit 27, and BAC's buses would take exit 28 and backtrack.

That's cool. I wonder if they knew WHY they were doing it, or if it was another of those great BAC traditions. I also heard that the stadium for the Bridgeport show was exit 27, and BAC's buses would take exit 28 and backtrack.

I'm sure they knew why. Telling stories about 26+1 is a long BAC tradition.

I marched BAC with a girl who had marched that final 26+1 show in Madison.

I am great friends with the Dorr family. Kris - flag, Doug on Waldo, Kirk and Erik on smaller bass, and Bill (aka Winky) on horn, all had great stories about the love/hate relationship that was still fresh in local minds. They all defected to 27th, along with BAC snare Pierre Bonin in 1981.

Tour calendar's that did not have the numbers 27 was one of the funnier lines.

Ironically, kids marching with BAC today were not even born when 27th ceased as a corps.

I am great friends with the Dorr family. Kris - flag, Doug on Waldo, Kirk and Erik on smaller bass, and Bill (aka Winky) on horn, all had great stories about the love/hate relationship that was still fresh in local minds. They all defected to 27th, along with BAC snare Pierre Bonin in 1981.

Tour calendar's that did not have the numbers 27 was one of the funnier lines.

Ironically, kids marching with BAC today were not even born when 27th ceased as a corps.

Thanks for the "You're getting old, Mr. Damon" jab so early on a Monday morning. Takes the pressure off my students. Trombone players come in about 10 minutes. Guess we'll start with lip slurs rather than harrassing the conductor this morning. :tongue: