Buffalo Big Dance

Surf stayed in Gowanda for this show. Statesmen did a parade there in 2000. We joked that you had to win Gowanda to win them all.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show is titled "The Jersey Surf So Far". Sounds like a retrospective show. Anniversary year or just looking back before going forward to World Class?

12 tubas. I'm in heaven.

Opening fanfare was LOUD. Better be, with all those horns.

Great drum break. Very intense, kind of Colin McNutt-ish.

Jersey Surf:

IMAGE_033.jpg

Very in your face show. Music caption is very strong. Drill tends to be dirty, with some very exposed straight lines not straight.

I'll Fly Away from Moulin Rouge for the ballad. Haven't recognized the rest of the show yet.

Overblowing in the horns during the ballad. No doubt, ballads are hard to control.

Hard to describe the guard uniforms, but Dutch Boy isn't the only corps who's guard like fuchsia and orange this year...

Crowd LOVED the hit in the ballad.

This looks like the best guard of the night. They've got the hardest work so far and they're achieving it the best.

Gowanda had a Psych Hospital and held a DC competition in the 1970's, some weird dudes walking around then.

We did a parade and camp in Gowanda in May and did our last runthrough after the parade and it snowed!!!

Still a very intense show. Drumline is throwing down, horns are letting loose. Horns are fine when they play loud, just gotta ease up on the softer parts.

Gowanda had a Psych Hospital and held a DC competition in the 1970's, some weird dudes walking around then.

We did a parade and camp in Gowanda in May and did our last runthrough after the parade and it snowed!!!

And I thought the weather in Ohio was wierd. My wife had to cancel a school orchestra concert on April 28th because of a snow storm a few years ago.

Jersey Surf definitely won, if only because they did more than everybody else, but they also performed better than everybody else.